APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Has anyone tried editing their order on an existing room reservation? I think that’s what’s not letting me go through.

Do you have to order for everyone in the party at the same time? I need to order 4 for January but the way things are going not all will be available at the same time. I should probably wait and let the glitches work out but it's too exciting!
This is the problem I am having. Five of us and so far the bands everyone wants have not been available at the same time. I will select the ones available if it is what they want, but they'll disappear next time I check.
Not wanting to disappoint anyone, I'm going with the all or none philosophy.
And, to answer your question, as far as I know, you have to order them all at once.

This is the problem I am having. Five of us and so far the bands everyone wants have not been available at the same time. I will select the ones available if it is what they want, but they'll disappear next time I check.
Not wanting to disappoint anyone, I'm going with the all or none philosophy.
And, to answer your question, as far as I know, you have to order them all at once.

Having the same issue. There is never going to be what we all 4 want at the same time and it is driving me insane that I have to pick for all 4 of us at once! So earlier, I ordered the Toy Story for my daughter and chose the plain, free ones for the rest of us. Then Spaceship Earth popped back up, so I ordered that for my husband and plain ones for the rest of us. Now I am hoping that they don’t override the Toy Story I ordered earlier with the plain one I picked this go-round! I really don’t know of another way to do it 😣

In the past, we have always been able to pick bands for EACH split stay. For our trip in December, they have eliminated that option, which annoys me-especially considering how they treat split stays and fast passes.

I am testing the following- Ordered 2 special and 3 free. When the ones I want for those of my party that got the 3 free, I will try to order the special bands and report back. :)

Ordered 2 magic bands, Ariel and Genie. When the confirmation came it was only for Genie and MDE was showing plain gray for me. When I went to edit my order, Ariel was still available so I selected it again and Genie again for my husband because it wouldn’t let me check out with just mine, but when I went to check out the 7 dwarves error came up so I called and they said there’s nothing they can do but put in an escalation ticket and hope the fulfillment team sees it and calls me before they fulfill my order. :( then the cast member noticed I have a split stay and hadn’t ordered any magic bands for my second reservation and said just to select Ariel again for that one. I had wanted 2 different ones but I guess if that’s all I can do then i’ll do it. I’m just afraid the same thing will happen and I’ll have 2 plain gray bands instead of the Ariel and Belle I was hoping for 🙄 SO FRUSTRATING

Having the same issue. There is never going to be what we all 4 want at the same time and it is driving me insane that I have to pick for all 4 of us at once! So earlier, I ordered the Toy Story for my daughter and chose the plain, free ones for the rest of us. Then Spaceship Earth popped back up, so I ordered that for my husband and plain ones for the rest of us. Now I am hoping that they don’t override the Toy Story I ordered earlier with the plain one I picked this go-round! I really don’t know of another way to do it 😣
Frustrated here too! We have 5 people to order for and 3-4 of us want the special bands. It stinks that we have to order them all at the same time! We had 4 picked, then one must not have been available because it wouldn't go through- so then while trying to pick another, we lost a different person's band and now it looks like only one that we want is available. Very frustrating!

Frustrated here too! We have 5 people to order for and 3-4 of us want the special bands. It stinks that we have to order them all at the same time! We had 4 picked, then one must not have been available because it wouldn't go through- so then while trying to pick another, we lost a different person's band and now it looks like only one that we want is available. Very frustrating!

I had the exact same problem yesterday. It was like trying to shoot a moving target. One browser would show some bands, other browser would show a different set. When they had more than a few to choose from not all of them were what the rest of my party of 6 total wanted. When I'd find something different they'd want, we'd try to add it and it wouldn't work. Then we'd pick another and one of the other ones would just drop from the order. One time I had 4 out of the 6 we wanted and I went to pay and the screen started flashing and kicked me out, when I went right back in, two had dropped off the order. It was so infuriating we finally got two that we really wanted, the new haunted mansion one and the Cinderella Castle one, the other people say just order the plain colors for the other 4 people to get it over with. So we did. The order shipped last night, so we shall see what comes. I decided that we'd spend the extra 10.00 when we get there and get the few others, if we really need them. Hopefully they will get their act together on these in the future.

In the past, we have always been able to pick bands for EACH split stay. For our trip in December, they have eliminated that option, which annoys me-especially considering how they treat split stays and fast passes.

I am testing the following- Ordered 2 special and 3 free. When the ones I want for those of my party that got the 3 free, I will try to order the special bands and report back. :)

I have a split stay in September and it is allowing me to order bands for each segment of the split stay. I placed the order for the first segment yesterday, waiting on the bands we want to be replenished before I select for the second segment, but the option is there.

I have a split stay in September and it is allowing me to order bands for each segment of the split stay. I placed the order for the first segment yesterday, waiting on the bands we want to be replenished before I select for the second segment, but the option is there.
Same for me. Have a split stay in December, and I am able to choose bands for each part of the stay. Also, was just able to order the Dole Whip band! :)

I am experiencing all the same frustrations as many of you. There are only three of us, but only two of the bands we wanted were available. Now, they are gone and none of the ones that are there are any that we want. Seriously, how could Disney not anticipate this demand? They had to know how popular this would be. Get it together, people!

So what is really bizarre is I have 3 splits stays in December within a 10 day period. Each one shows different magic band availability. And I was just able to order a haunted Mansion one for September, which also shows not the same as December. I find odd that the inventory is not the same throughout. Still waiting for stitch and Dole whip, both have appeared, but don't work. I was also able to order a Mickey sorcerer and Darth Vader, with my others plain colors for one split stay.

I'm trying to get one special band per family member, so hopefully this will work.

As soon as they shipped the 7 dwarfs went away. It showed everything correctly, too! When I placed the order with shopDisney via phone I did change one of the bands, but it wasn't my husband's band that came incorrectly yesterday.

I can't believe they were actually going to charge me for a plain gray one. :sad2:

I got my order yesterday, and they're all right! I haven't checked to see how many I've been charged for yet - I'm assuming 8 since I ordered 4 on 5/21 on the website (the "lost" and then allegedly "canceled" order) and then 4 with the discount on the phone with ShopDisney the next week - and I'm torn about complaining if they did charge me for 8 because I did technically order 8 bands, BUT I only did it because they told me on the phone that the first order would be canceled since they were out of stock.

I'm frustrated because I wanted to decline my July trip bands and I got sent grey ones instead. Backstory...we have 7 trips this year. We have several bands so we have been declining some and getting some. I had a split stay in June and got two sets - one plain color order that we decorated with decals and one of the upgraded sets (I wrote about my experience earlier in this thread). Anyway, we had decided if we could not get upgraded bands for this trip, we would decline. But that option is now not available online. I chatted with IT and got it done. But I guess because I tried to edit my order once I heard the upgraded ones were back the other day, it took off the decline and now I'm getting grey bands. I already deactivated them and we haven't even gotten them. Annoying.

We have 3 more trips plus our AP ones this year so let's hope I can get upgraded ones for another trip, as there were others we wanted.

Our trip is mid-August. I've been checking several times per day to see if new magic bands become available. Earlier this week I saw my #1 choice (Toy Story Aliens/Claw) but was unsuccessful in snagging it. And only my son's #3 choice (Pirates of the Caribbean) was listed.

Well, perseverance finally paid off. I got some pixie dust sprinkled my way late this afternoon. I was able to get my son's #1 choice (Groot & Rocket), and my #2 choice (Sorcerer Mickey). That's good enough for me. :thumbsup2

Placed my order. Now to wait and see if they actually get delivered?
Here's wishing all those frustrated people some pixie dust. :tink:pixiedust:

Great to hear garris3404! I told my kids it will be all or nothing, meaning I'm not going to order for just one of the three and leave the others without. So, I'll keep trying. Rumor has it they are expecting a BIG shipment early July, so we might be able to just squeak in and pick them up at the resort.

Our trip is mid-August. I've been checking several times per day to see if new magic bands become available. Earlier this week I saw my #1 choice (Toy Story Aliens/Claw) but was unsuccessful in snagging it. And only my son's #3 choice (Pirates of the Caribbean) was listed.

Well, perseverance finally paid off. I got some pixie dust sprinkled my way late this afternoon. I was able to get my son's #1 choice (Groot & Rocket), and my #2 choice (Sorcerer Mickey). That's good enough for me. :thumbsup2

Placed my order. Now to wait and see if they actually get delivered?
Here's wishing all those frustrated people some pixie dust. :tink:pixiedust:
Got the shipping confirmation email today. A very positive sign.😀

They've been messing with me all day. I finally found some availability, but then the order won't go through. That happened at various times today. I was able to get all the way through to put in payment information and then it would not go through. I have a split stay starting on 8/2. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and just try to order one premium band for me later with my AP. I've gone to 6th and 7th choices with no luck.

They've been messing with me all day. I finally found some availability, but then the order won't go through. That happened at various times today. I was able to get all the way through to put in payment information and then it would not go through. I have a split stay starting on 8/2. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and just try to order one premium band for me later with my AP. I've gone to 6th and 7th choices with no luck.
That has been happening to me for over a week. It’s not just an availability problem. It errors out after I hit purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter