APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

It's for AP holders too though, how would that work?

At next renewal? I don't really know, I'm just speculating. If the system change easily allows for them to include existing reservations and existing APs, then they'll do it. If too much development work is needed over and above what is needed for the change to apply only to new reservations, then I'm guessing they won't.

I'm sure we'll all know soon enough. I've read both May 15th and been told several weeks from that announcement. Once that happens, I can stop speculating. :-)

Doubtful, people still need room keys. This gives Disney more $$$$ and make it look like people are getting a deal and makes it worth designing all the different bands.

I think it also gets people thinking about having more "special" bands and then tempts them to go out and buy other ones. I'm leaving next Friday so I doubt it'll be out in time for this trip, but I'm definitely going to consider it for our next one in September.

This is probably fairly specific for most people, but since I called and double checked, here ya go: If you need to renew your annual passes prior to May 15th, go ahead and just wait until after the 15th to order your bands. You will be eligible for the upgrade as long as you haven't ordered your bands yet.

This is probably fairly specific for most people, but since I called and double checked, here ya go: If you need to renew your annual passes prior to May 15th, go ahead and just wait until after the 15th to order your bands. You will be eligible for the upgrade as long as you haven't ordered your bands yet.
Honestly I think that anyone who hasn't had the date of shipment arrive will be able to get the new MBs once they roll this new offer out. I think it would be too much work to "limit" it to new reservations. Also, why would they want to stop people from paying more for a custom MB? Guess we'll find out next week!

It's for AP holders too though, how would that work?

Oh. Well I'll already be there when I activate it, so that doesn't help me! :p

Hopefully it applies to all upcoming resort stays, not just new ones.
I'm not getting an AP band, just my band for our resort stay.
Yes, you will
You always get an AP band. Once you activate it, the option to place an order for it will appear on MDE

If I really want to customize my MG, i usually purchase a vinyl stick on through Etsy.

If I really want to customize my MG, i usually purchase a vinyl stick on through Etsy.

Yeah... I already purchased these for our next trip. It’s cheaper and the family loves them, but I would’ve liked getting these with ready made designs.

Yeah... I already purchased these for our next trip. It’s cheaper and the family loves them, but I would’ve liked getting these with ready made designs.
How well do they hold up? Can you swim with them on?

So it’s the 15th (admittedly wee hours of the 15th) and I’ve just logged on to see if this is live yet and it isn’t (for me). I noticed there’s a number of comments on Disney Parks Blog that people have phoned Disney to be told this only applies to people who book their trips after 15th May. Meaning all those who are already booked can’t do this and we only have the solid colours to choose from.

If this is true, I am beyond clueless with Disney. It makes NO sense. It is just a money making scheme; why wouldn’t you roll this out to as many people as possible?

So it’s the 15th (admittedly wee hours of the 15th) and I’ve just logged on to see if this is live yet and it isn’t (for me). I noticed there’s a number of comments on Disney Parks Blog that people have phoned Disney to be told this only applies to people who book their trips after 15th May. Meaning all those who are already booked can’t do this and we only have the solid colours to choose from.

If this is true, I am beyond clueless with Disney. It makes NO sense. It is just a money making scheme; why wouldn’t you roll this out to as many people as possible?

I agree, this makes no sense! Why wouldn’t they want to take my money???

I have a split stay in June and both are showing solid colors only at 6:04 AM. I only preselected magic bands on one of those reservations.

I booked a resort reservation this morning for dates in September. Currently I am only given the choice of solid colors for this stay.

I’m getting some error messages, but after refreshing I eventually got to the page which only let me choose a solid. Errors may be sign of an update though! I’m leaving in less than 2 weeks but was really hoping to do this!

I was just gonna check so i can upgrade for our trip in the Fall . but i guess im gonna be checking the boards through out the day to see if anyone had any luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!