APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Everytime i go back theres always some missing or added so hopefully it will be fixed soon. But as soon as I see it up with the ones i want i am not waiting im ordering right away
Ditto...wish I would've finalized them the first time I saw all 4 of them that we wanted....

Ordered my AP band Monday early afternoon got it in the mail today I guess I’m just a lucky one

Have till October to decide if I want to get another one for my wine and dine stay or not

Ordered ours on Monday night. On my magic bands page it has a picture of the ones that we paid to upgrade by each of our icons - but mine shows up as "gray"? Paid the $10 for the castle magic band ?? Just did a chat online with a CM who said that nobody can view it behind the scenes to see if in fact it's just a visual type "glitch" that my preview shows gray and not the castle - said that since it involves a credit card payment they cannot view it?? Hmm? Anyhow said for me to call if I get a gray band and not the castle one ….. oh yes, they certainly took my $10 for it so I will be sure to call. I was just trying to confirm since selections are thinning. And no way to track if the shipment is actually on the way? Hopefully it's just a glitch.
This happened to me as well. I ordered the Pirates one for my husband, which was correct on my confirmation email and I was charged for, but when I log in to the magic band site it shows a yellow band for him, which is what he had selected before we could upgrade. I don’t have the ability to manage his bands, just mine and my kids, so I don’t know if that’s why, if it’s a glitch, or if it’s an error in which case I will be calling!

I didn't order the first day when I finally managed to get to that webpage because it didn't even cross my mind they would sell out. Added two yesterday morning but didn't pay. Logged on last night and kept getting a message that it couldn't complete the order and to retry or call guest services. Kept trying this morning and finally called. THEY ARE OUT OF EVERYTHING EXCEPT GREY, YELLOW, AND (I believe) GREEN. EVERY LAST STYLE GONE. The CM said they are working to replenish the supply but have no idea when that might happen. Talk about a mess of a rollout. Thankfully I was going to get our kids MBs as a surprise gift for the trip so they aren't expecting it. We also have 62 days to finalize our MBs but the CM I spoke with actually laughed when i told her that's how long we have and that I would hope I could get it done by then. Not encouraging at all. Oh well. It would have been a cool perk at $10 but we'll go back to the colored ones we have and be just fine.

I didn't order the first day when I finally managed to get to that webpage because it didn't even cross my mind they would sell out. Added two yesterday morning but didn't pay. Logged on last night and kept getting a message that it couldn't complete the order and to retry or call guest services. Kept trying this morning and finally called. THEY ARE OUT OF EVERYTHING EXCEPT GREY, YELLOW, AND (I believe) GREEN. EVERY LAST STYLE GONE. The CM said they are working to replenish the supply but have no idea when that might happen. Talk about a mess of a rollout. Thankfully I was going to get our kids MBs as a surprise gift for the trip so they aren't expecting it. We also have 62 days to finalize our MBs but the CM I spoke with actually laughed when i told her that's how long we have and that I would hope I could get it done by then. Not encouraging at all. Oh well. It would have been a cool perk at $10 but we'll go back to the colored ones we have and be just fine.
I just popped onto shopdisney.com and both of the MBs that my kids ordered that I got a conformation for but that aren't showing up on my MDE now can be ordered from there, in stock, right now. In fact, a lot of the ones they took away from the upgraded ones are showing on there in stock. Not all, but a lot. So i call bull, or more likely I call this CM was taking her best guess and didn't know. Because even if they are different arms of the same company, they should buy them from shop disney and send them to the guests that purchased them as an upgrade it that's what it takes. Pull them from stock there until they know what they have, and take it from there.

Disney really should have just opened this up to people traveling in the next 60 days. That would have alleviated a lot of this headache and allowed them to really gauge interest in each of the released designs. It's amazing how woefully inadequate this has turned out to be...

I just popped onto shopdisney.com and both of the MBs that my kids ordered that I got a conformation for but that aren't showing up on my MDE now can be ordered from there, in stock, right now. In fact, a lot of the ones they took away from the upgraded ones are showing on there in stock. Not all, but a lot. So i call bull, or more likely I call this CM was taking her best guess and didn't know. Because even if they are different arms of the same company, they should buy them from shop disney and send them to the guests that purchased them as an upgrade it that's what it takes. Pull them from stock there until they know what they have, and take it from there.
And think about it, why would the solid colors magically "sell out" one day after this upgrade when everyone is buying the printed ones? Have they magically just ran out of solids overnight? This is a glitch - it's Disney IT - we all know how bad it is.

Disney really should have just opened this up to people traveling in the next 60 days. That would have alleviated a lot of this headache and allowed them to really gauge interest in each of the released designs. It's amazing how woefully inadequate this has turned out to be...
It’s a mess, like usual. Just once I would like to be pleasantly surprised when something new rolls out and works. I know I’m cynical, but it seems to be for good reason...

And think about it, why would the solid colors magically "sell out" one day after this upgrade when everyone is buying the printed ones? Have they magically just ran out of solids overnight? This is a glitch - it's Disney IT - we all know how bad it is.
Also an excellent point!

The kicker is, if they would just tell me what is going on, they would probably make even MORE money from me. Because if they are going to tell me they cannot send the ones I ordered (which is ridiculous, but whatever), and won't be able to before out trip starts in June, then I would consider buying them from shopdisney just because it would make my kids happy since I already told them they were getting them and they loved the choices they made. But i'm not buying them when I still hope I'm getting them as my upgraded ones, because then I would go from none to 2 which would be even more crazy.

I was just able to log on after it was down for a while, and not there are only 16 total, with only 8 to upgrade to. I have a bad feeling about the bands my kids chose that haven't shipped yet...

Solid Blue is back, but even more upgrade bands are now gone..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.10.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.10.46 PM.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 69
Now just the solid and 6 upgrade options... Could they really be this low on stock of what they originally listed online?

Now just the solid and 6 upgrade options... Could they really be this low on stock of what they originally listed online?
I'm kind of upset. It looks like, from others' experiences, ordering on the first day was no guarantee either. I will hold off a few months probably since we already renewed, we just haven't ordered our MBs

This is just ridiculous!!!
So here's my guess......... for whatever reason... the supply of the regular solid colors was getting low. They had to come up with something... fast! They see a backlog of all these misc. styles in the warehouse with batteries getting old. IDEA!! lets sell the excess from the warehouse at a discounted rate... I'm sure it was not below cost... they are still going to make money on these!!! What do these things actually cost?? maybe like $2? Just guessing!!!!!
So... if they sell the excess out of the warehouse (call it an "upgrade") and then don't need to give out the solid "free" ones.... There you have it!! Problem solved! Now they have gotten rid of the excess stock AND they can keep the free solid colors going into the huge rush of guests coming for SWGE!

It’s a mess, like usual. Just once I would like to be pleasantly surprised when something new rolls out and works. I know I’m cynical, but it seems to be for good reason...
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!
With all the money we hand over to Disney ... You'd think they could ... first, get a computer system that actually worked! second.... roll out something new and have it actually work out!

They just posted this message:

"MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible."

Must have been why that page was down just a bit ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!