APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

The more I am reading this thread, the more I'm so grateful that I just stayed out of this mess. I'm grateful that I never told my fiance this was an option. I honestly thought this would operate by feeding into the regular magic band selection on ShopDisney and basically feeding through a coupon code to get the discount. So when all the selections weren't available I was disappointed - because I personally wasn't a fan of the upgraded designs being offered I never in a million years would have imagined that this was going to be the set up.

Disney really needed to grandfather this in - let people coming June & July go first, then leave it a month. Then let August & September go next. It's an absolute schmozzle at this point. And I know they are different businesses of the business - but why on earth are people getting grey bands that they paid $10 for in the mail, when the exact design they selected is available to purchase for $25 online with another department? Disney stuffed up royally - they need to be fixing it not saying 'oh it's out of stock with department A, but you can pay $25 for it with department B'.

Why are people not getting an email advising them their selection was out of stock, and giving them the option to choose something else or wait for their order to be fufilled? No-one wants to pay $10 for the privilege of owning that awful grey band.

I ordered two days ago for our August trip, they had colors, Goofy, Mickey, Flynn Ryder, and one other one, I bought three- wondering if they’ll process them now?

Great idea, poor execution. How much more money does Disney need to properly implement e-commerce and website logistics? With endless resources, Disney still fails to provide user friendly websites/apps that can handle traffic, be free of constant glitches and have the foresight to inform guests of possible issues. I just don't understand how they can't have the strongest, most talented IT team in the industry at this point.

I haven’t been able to view my nine linked magic bands for months (only the same four at a time come up, even though they all work perfectly on property) and my Dole Whip one for June is showing as a white circle while my son’s is showing as the correct Donald one. But, only on Chrome. On Safari, the entire order is invisible. However, the Minnie Dot one I ordered for August is showing up perfectly. I have received two separate messages saying that my order will be waiting at the front desk, so it’s a mystery as to what I will actually unpack when we check in next.

I just got notified that our magic bands have shipped. It’s showing the Disney snack one for me and the Toy story one for DH as active now on MDE. I guess I’ll see what’s in the box when it gets here. I was thinking we weren’t going to get them, so I’m excited. And there’s still no charge on my credit card after it had originally dropped off.

When did it drop off? Mine showed as a pending charge for a few days, then it disappeared for a few days before showing up as a posted charge.
I want to say Wednesday. It went from pending, to posted, then gone. And it’s still gone. Weird. Maybe it’ll show back up soon since they’re shipped now.

I want to say Wednesday. It went from pending, to posted, then gone. And it’s still gone. Weird. Maybe it’ll show back up soon since they’re shipped now.
Sounds similar to mine. I ordered on Monday and it showed as pending till Wednesday or Thursday maybe. Then it disappeared altogether and showed up as posted yesterday. As long as you get your bands that’s all that matters!

So tonight I was able to talk to a GR CM in Merchandising regarding choosing a new band for mine (the 4 others in my family group came as ordered on Friday but mine was gray with my daughter's name on it, crazy). They actually called me this afternoon and I missed their call, so they left me a message explaining the next steps. The CM on the phone tonight was great, so patient.

Ends up though we originally saw a charge for 5 bands on our account, we were only charged for 4 later last week. So tonight I was able to pay the $10 + tax to upgrade mine. It should ship this week. Not as many selections on the website to choose from as originally but was still glad to have a choice. Also could choose from any that were $24.99, higher price bands were excluded.

I did call back earlier today on the number given earlier in this thread - thanks for posting that :) Good luck to everyone else with their bands. We do have an October reservation and will patiently await this whole situation to settle out and reload before we consider ordering others for October. Maybe they will have holiday designs by then.

So, according to USPS my July and November bands should be arriving by EOD today. My Disney Experience shows both upgraded options I chose under my mb's, and active. And, I have no charge on my cc (I hadn't really tracked to see if/when any pending or posted charges showed up prior, unfortunately). I'll post back when I see what comes in the mail.

Magic Bands have come via USPS for a long time.

This I'm aware of, I was responding to the people who got a ShopDisney confirmation email but no tracking number.

They are now stating on the MDE that they are temporarily out of stock. Anyone have any insight to when they might get more? I have about 30 days or so before I have to order my bands......waiting.....

This whole thing is so confusing. We ordered our 2 bands (snack & castle) maybe mid afternoon on 5/20, and I paid with my debit card, and the charge showed up pretty much immediately and email confirmation was received. I venmo'd my roommate for her half that day. After hearing rumors of issues, I checked today to make sure we still had them listed, and the order is there. Both of us can see the custom band in our active magic bands, but the charge has now dropped off my card just like others are reporting. I haven't gotten any shipping notification, but I wasn't expecting to because this is for our October trip. I guess I'll give it a week or so and then if the charge still isn't there, I'll venmo my roommate her money back. It's just so odd.

I ordered 4 Magic Bands on Monday May 20 for our trip on July 7. When I looked at MDE 3 of us had the correct band showing but they 4th was just a white circle. I received a shipping notice a few days later showing delivery today. There was no charge on my credit card so I wasn't sure what to expect. The package just arrived and much to my surprise everything was correct - bands and printing on the back. MDE still shows the white circle for one of our girls but the serial number is correct. I still have not seen a charge to my credit card.

I ordered 4 Magic Bands on Monday May 20 for our trip on July 7. When I looked at MDE 3 of us had the correct band showing but they 4th was just a white circle. I received a shipping notice a few days later showing delivery today. There was no charge on my credit card so I wasn't sure what to expect. The package just arrived and much to my surprise everything was correct - bands and printing on the back. MDE still shows the white circle for one of our girls but the serial number is correct. I still have not seen a charge to my credit card.

I had the exact same experience for our early July trip. All arrived as ordered, including the one upgraded band that was showing up as a white circle. That one was mine, so I didn't really care as long as the kids got the right ones. We had a pending charge on our card, but it disappeared and hadn't showed back up as of yesterday.

I received my shipping email the other day. It is showing they are to be delivered by Friday. My 10.00 charge is still showing in my pending box. I really hope I get the Daisy band I ordered and not a solid one. My DH just got a solid red one. I guess I will find out soon. I ordered mine the second day after they were released. I did get a confirmation email and then about a day or so later the 10.00 was in my pendings. I just got the shipping email about 2 days ago. Our trip is in Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter