APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

I just replied to the ShopDisney email asking for an update. Here's the reply:

Hi Casey,

Thank you for your email and the chance to assist you.
Please except our apologies for the inconvenience.
Please call Shop Disney Parks at 1-800-328-0327 and place a phone order with free express shipping for your secondary choices on the premium magic band upgrades.
Regrettably the selections you originally made were unavailable at the time of processing your order, this order will cancel.
You may go to https://www.shopdisney.com/se202arch?query=magic band% to view available upgrades it may be any of the $24.99 bands excluding limited edition, limited release, and Dooney & Bourke .
Once you have your selection please give us a call so we may ensure your order is properly placed for fulfillment.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Kindly,
Debbie

Merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com
"Please ACCEPT our apologies for the inconvenience". ai-yi-yi

I never would have thought to check there! I’m still in limbo territory, but sure enough the bands we ordered are showing up in the app, right where yours were. At least now I have a place to go to gaze longingly at them :rotfl:
I never would have thought to look there either but I was checking on the Independence Day themed one I ordered and saw them!

Okay, I just ordered them from Disney Shops instead of waiting for upgrade bands to be available at the exact moment I checked the app. So of course, MDE shows the plain ones I had originally picked out as being linked to my daughter and myself for our August trip. The bands I ordered shipped and should arrive today. I realize I cannot get the $10 credit, but once the bands arrive I will be able to link them to my reservation, right? Will I have call? Or is MDE working enough to allow me to do it online?

Okay, I just ordered them from Disney Shops instead of waiting for upgrade bands to be available at the exact moment I checked the app. So of course, MDE shows the plain ones I had originally picked out as being linked to my daughter and myself for our August trip. The bands I ordered shipped and should arrive today. I realize I cannot get the $10 credit, but once the bands arrive I will be able to link them to my reservation, right? Will I have call? Or is MDE working enough to allow me to do it online?
You can link them yourself on the app. You enter the code on the back of the band then assign it to the person it belongs to

Yes once you get the bands you can link them to your MDE account online. They are never linked to the reservation (it's just that onsite reservations automatically get free bands), they are always tied to your MDE account. Your reservation is just ALSO tied to your MDE account. Clear as mud lol.

I tried calling the Shop Disney and they wouldn't process them for me since my trip is late July. She told me to check back July 3rd. She told me I could order them through the app but I can't for the life of me figure that out

I tried calling the Shop Disney and they wouldn't process them for me since my trip is late July. She told me to check back July 3rd. She told me I could order them through the app but I can't for the life of me figure that out

Don’t feel bad. You cannot figure it out because they are two different things. Shop Disney is happy to sell them to you at full price, and they have many of them in stock although it changes daily.

In order to get the $10 off credit/discount you have to order through the app or MDE. But, If you try to order through the app or MDE as an upgrade to the plain bands you receive with a package- there is limited or no stock linked or available and some people who ordered that way wound up with canceled orders. Because Disney. sigh.

I gave up on the credit or upgrade and just ordered from Shop Disney at full price since I only need 2 for this trip and did not want to hassle with it fighting for stock though the app.

Don’t feel bad. You cannot figure it out because they are two different things. Shop Disney is happy to sell them to you at full price, and they have many of them in stock although it changes daily.

In order to get the $10 off credit/discount you have to order through the app or MDE. But, If you try to order through the app or MDE as an upgrade to the plain bands you receive with a package- there is limited or no stock linked or available and some people who ordered that way wound up with canceled orders. Because Disney. sigh.

I gave up on the credit or upgrade and just ordered from Shop Disney at full price since I only need 2 for this trip and did not want to hassle with it fighting for stock though the app.

But I was told in an email to call shopDisney and order. I paid $10 a band.

I wish I could even see my MagicBands page! Since the upgrades started, all I get is a page with Stitch stating that he ate the page! So frustrating- can't even see my regular magic band order, let alone an upgrade!

But I was told in an email to call shopDisney and order. I paid $10 a band.

Excellent! I am glad that worked for you. That is not working for most people. And the stock Shop Disney has is for sure not showing up through the app, even when they have a lot available.

There's a new message when you call the MDE number saying that if you're calling about the premium magicband upgrade and your trip is after 7/3, you should wait and watch your email for information, but if it's before 7/3, you should hold for the next available cast member. My trip is 7/6, but I'm holding anyway because I'm still getting 7 dwarfs...I'll report back.

Ooooh, boy, that phone call was not very magical. They told me that my order was switched to gray (without any communication to me even after the), and I need to pay full price to place my own order from the Shop Disney website or just accept the gray ones at the resort (I even have to pay full price if I want one of the solid ones) because the 7 dwarfs error prevents me from ordering even a free solid color through MDE, and the only way to get the discount is to order through MDE. I hadn't actually been upset until they told me that I had to pay full price due to the website error, but that part made me really unhappy. I kindly (but very firmly) argued against that and reiterated that the 7 dwarfs error is what's preventing me from even selecting a free solid band, and that it was unreasonable and unacceptable to say that I have to pay $14.99 + shipping for a solid band that I would get for free if my MDE account wasn't messed up on their end, so I need to be transferred to somebody who can fix my account if full price plus shipping is the best they can do for me.

After that I was put on hold for a looooooong time before finally being offered upgraded bands from the Shop Disney website for $10 and free shipping, but the stock is SUPER limited - much of the stuff listed on the Shop Disney website was showing as out of stock for her even though it shows up on my end. I ended up with TS Aliens, Minnie Rock the Dots, Spaceship Earth, and the multi princess one (but she said that one was showing as very low stock so would very likely be out of stock by the time it ships, but idk what else to get my daughter, so if it doesn't come, I'll just buy her something on site for full price, I guess). All four of the ones I had originally ordered (Donald, Daisy, Slinky Dog, Elsa) showed up as out of stock on her end even though Donald, Daisy, and Slinky Dog show up as orderable on the website.

Also, I actually had placed a full price order from Shop Disney for Slinky Dog late last week because I saw it listed there and was frustrated about the lack of communication and 7 dwarfs error. I asked her for an update on that order, and she said it's out of stock and they're trying to secure it. She said she'd follow up on that as well as the low stock princess one I ordered today, but I have zero faith in that since they told me last week they'd follow up on my 5/21 order, and apparently that one got switched to gray bands without them following up to let me know, so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!