APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

See my post above yours - your stuck with the bands you picked.
That is what I was afraid of. They should allow you to change the colored bands to a theme if you want later but I guess that would be too much work for them. :)

That is what I was afraid of. They should allow you to change the colored bands to a theme if you want later but I guess that would be too much work for them. :)

I guess they feel it's a big cost to ship out one band at a time, if for example i only selected for my daughter one day, then my husband another day, then me another day, etc. etc. Imagine with a bigger party it would get quite expensive.

I guess they feel it's a big cost to ship out one band at a time, if for example i only selected for my daughter one day, then my husband another day, then me another day, etc. etc. Imagine with a bigger party it would get quite expensive.

They could just ship them like they do now at like a month out from your trip but you can change them all the way up until that date.

They could just ship them like they do now at like a month out from your trip but you can change them all the way up until that date.

Great idea and I wish they would, but I don't think seem to be have a system in effect that will allow them to put that particular band on "hold" until that month prior because what's available now, probably wont be available then based on the available choices that seem to come and go by the hour. lol

That would make too much sense! Too bad the people in charge aren’t reading this thread!

Great idea and I wish they would, but I don't think seem to be have a system in effect that will allow them to put that particular band on "hold" until that month prior because what's available now, probably wont be available then based on the available choices that seem to come and go by the hour. lol
When Disney first introduced My Disney Experience system the window to select MagicBands opened on the 60 day mark just like FastPasses do now. The option to select MBs as soon as you book a resort reservation is relatively new. Disney could easily put that 60 day window back in place if they wanted to. It would take care of the premium band shortage. But Disney is slow to fix things and the guests whose time is running out will be the ones to lose out.

I think the most frustrating part of this process is trying to select the magic band. It drives me nuts when the band I select won’t get accepted. Now with all this experience, I know it means it’s out of stock. But I will still push that “retry” button in vain hoping for a different outcome. I would rather there were only 2 options that you can actually select, instead of 30 options that NEVER get accepted! If it unavailable, REMOVE it from the options!!!

If someone hasn't already mentioned this, some of the options are $15 now. Of course the two that I like are both $15. And, as usual, no options that the rest of the family likes.

My magic band options have been exactly the same since last evening. I’ve logged in and out to check at various times. None have been added, and none have disappeared. Anyone else seeing the same? We’re a month out so I’m not panicked, just curious....

If someone hasn't already mentioned this, some of the options are $15 now. Of course the two that I like are both $15. And, as usual, no options that the rest of the family likes.
Yes, I noticed that as well. Didn't take them long to raise the prices.

My magic band options have been exactly the same since last evening. I’ve logged in and out to check at various times. None have been added, and none have disappeared. Anyone else seeing the same? We’re a month out so I’m not panicked, just curious....
the first time I saw new ones was the other day when I posted about not being able to pick ones that I wanted. since then they have gone down in stock, less options are available. So they must have just gotten in a shipment, it may take a while before they get more but that is just a guess.

Right?! I have seen $15 ones in the shops at WDW. I don't remember the styles but it seems like the ones they are offering to us are ones they would have discounted retail anyway. Not super popular designs.

I have a feeling we're all being tricked into paying full price for these ones they just want to get rid of.

They didn't raise the prices, they added in some limited edition options that are normally $30. So with the $15 discount they are $15 each. The rest of them are regularly $25 each, so $10 with the discount.

They're all $15 off. the $15 bands are limited editions that are usually $30. I just snagged the Emperors New Groove band, which is maybe the only one I'd want to pay extra for.

the first time I saw new ones was the other day when I posted about not being able to pick ones that I wanted. since then they have gone down in stock, less options are available. So they must have just gotten in a shipment, it may take a while before they get more but that is just a guess.

I'm finally seeing some new options after 3 days of the 6 plain + 6 of the same upgrade options. Hopefully they'll continue to add more. The good news about some of the new options today are that they are ones I've haven't seen (a) ever or (b) in a long time.

I'm finally seeing some new options after 3 days of the 6 plain + 6 of the same upgrade options. Hopefully they'll continue to add more. The good news about some of the new options today are that they are ones I've haven't seen (a) ever or (b) in a long time.

Yeah, I see some new ones but not the all girl villians or the castle which are the two I really want. Good to see that new ones came out soon after the last time they did a big release.

They had the Mickey Halloween ones and Galaxy's Edge bands on there this morning. I was able to complete our order for two of the Halloween ones.

Star Wars Galaxy Edge in stock right now as well. Was able to order mine earlier and threw up a post on the GE part of this forum.

It seems the 730ish AM time slot is the best times to check. Both resort stays we have I have been able to order during that time slot.

Your mileage may vary on that time slot and make sure to use incognito or a private web viewer.

I looked last night and there was nothing I really wanted. Now of course they have the Darth Vader showing but it comes up unavailable. Really wish they wouldn't tease you with ones you can't have.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I looked last night and there was nothing I really wanted. Now of course they have the Darth Vader showing but it comes up unavailable. Really wish they wouldn't tease you with ones you can't have.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If youre one of the first 5 you can get them haha of course 10,000 people want them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!