APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Well, it was annoying to pay full price but since our trip is just for the SWGE preview I bought all 4 of us GE MBs. I would have rather just bought them on shop disney and got plain ones for free to put decals on, since we paid full price anyway, but I didn't see the SWGE one for sale on shopdisney or through the MDE (at least yet). Oddly enough, when we were paying full price I had no issues at all in getting my order to go through this AM - even for 4 of them :sad2: . They get enough stock for that one (or I'm the only sucker willing to pay full price lol).

@sethschroeder

I'm going to try again tomorrow earlier and see if that helps. I would have liked the Haunted Mansion one too, but of course that wouldn't go through either. Got all the way to paying for that but then the dreaded error page...

I just got an email from shopdisneyparks saying that there was a pricing error with my Galaxy’s Edge magic band order and I’ll be getting a $60 refund. So they should have also been $15! Yay! I bought them thinking they were $30, and that fact probably made it possible me for me to actually get them.

tried to snag the small world one this morning at 6:45am and it was a no go... Would've taken the white castle one also, gone too... :( :(

I just got an email from shopdisneyparks saying that there was a pricing error with my Galaxy’s Edge magic band order and I’ll be getting a $60 refund. So they should have also been $15! Yay! I bought them thinking they were $30, and that fact probably made it possible me for me to actually get them.
Thanks for the info--I didn't want to pay full price! I just processed my order! I got the Galaxy's Edge for my husband and Minnie Dots for me.

Thanks for the info--I didn't want to pay full price! I just processed my order! I got the Galaxy's Edge for my husband and Minnie Dots for me.
When I looked this AM it was still showing as 29.99, did they change it to $15 or are they still going to have to refund? I'm surprised they are still there, the halloween one that showed up yesterday is gone. I still think it is probably because the price was showing $30.

Thanks for the info. I was going to get one for my nephew and his fiancée but 30 each was a lot. Now I think I’ll get them for them

Thanks for the info. I was going to get one for my nephew and his fiancée but 30 each was a lot. Now I think I’ll get them for them
I was curious so I just checked, and it still charges $30 when you order. So I assume you would then get an email staying you will get a $30 refund (if you buy 2). I don't know why they know it isn't showing the right price and have it together enough to email anyone who bought to tell them about the refund, but don't change the price online. I saw from other threads that other people also got an email about a refund of $15 each band.

The SWGE is now showing the correct price of $15. I don’t know what will get charged, but they are still available.

tried to snag the small world one this morning at 6:45am and it was a no go... Would've taken the white castle one also, gone too... :( :(
I have both the small world and the castle bands, and I like the small world one a lot more. :)

The SWGE is now showing the correct price of $15. I don’t know what will get charged, but they are still available.
:thumbsup2 Must have just happened, I checked within the last couple of hours.

I also was curious which ones I could actually get that didn't show out of stock, and at that time it was only villains, walt, Emperors New groove, Vanellope, Dory, Green TSL, Flynn, Fox and the Hound, and GE. The rest were OOS. But even on a quick check since then I saw the halloween one and the DVC one back. It's crazy how things come and go, and how fast they go. Trying to get them for a family instead of just one person is shooting at a moving target, and seems nearly impossible any more unless you get peoples's 5th or 6th choices haha.

I was charged $30 at noon today for the Galaxy's Edge band. I'm waiting to see if I get an email with a price adjustment.

I was charged $30 at noon today for the Galaxy's Edge band. I'm waiting to see if I get an email with a price adjustment.
You should, and if it happens that you don't call the number on the slip/receipt that is in with the MBs when they arrive.

Theres a figment one I've never seen there now! However, it's been there somewhere around an hour max, (because I last checked around that time and it wasn't there) and it says OOS when I tried to choose it! That's absurd. Are there really hundreds or thousands of people looking at any given time, or do they have like 5 bands when they put them up!? I still have AP bands to order for my sons, they are waiting for the sorcerer mickey and captain america to show up at the same time (ha!) so I mess around with the order to check availability. I'll miss it when they get theirs and I don't have bands to watch for or a way to check.

I wish you could order just one at a time. Throw it in an envelope Disney, I don't need a box. ;) ;)

@SuJo the castle band was there this morning at 6:45am. Couldn't get it, but it was there. :rotfl:

I was curious so I just checked, and it still charges $30 when you order. So I assume you would then get an email staying you will get a $30 refund (if you buy 2). I don't know why they know it isn't showing the right price and have it together enough to email anyone who bought to tell them about the refund, but don't change the price online. I saw from other threads that other people also got an email about a refund of $15 each band.
Thanks for the info

I wish you could order just one at a time. Throw it in an envelope Disney, I don't need a box. ;) ;)

@SuJo the castle band was there this morning at 6:45am. Couldn't get it, but it was there. :rotfl:

It came up for me but when I selected it it told me it was out of stock :( I will have to get online earlier to check for it

Day 6

still can't get any of the cooler bands. If I wanted Fox and the Hound or Nemo, I'd probably be all set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!