Aquatica - General Information

Photo questions...

Are there any photos taken of you on the waterslides at all?

What exactly do you get using the photo key at aquatica?

Will be making my first trip to the 3 SeaWorld parks and wondering if any of these photo keys would be worth it.

Also, is there any deals to obtain photo key for all 3 parks?

Photo questions...

Are there any photos taken of you on the waterslides at all?

What exactly do you get using the photo key at aquatica?

Will be making my first trip to the 3 SeaWorld parks and wondering if any of these photo keys would be worth it.

Also, is there any deals to obtain photo key for all 3 parks?

I can't help unfortunately as I have never used the photokey myself and the information on the Aquatica website is pretty scarce. If no one else jumps in, you may want to give them a call to determine exactly what is included.

Which rides require climbing stairs and how many stairs are there for those rides? We will be going in May/June, and I have had a hip surgery that doesn't allow me to climb stairs all day. I may be able to do one or two but not all. I know the kids will want to ride, so I wanted to be prepared as to what rides I could do with them. DH will ride the others with the kids.

Which rides require climbing stairs and how many stairs are there for those rides? We will be going in May/June, and I have had a hip surgery that doesn't allow me to climb stairs all day. I may be able to do one or two but not all. I know the kids will want to ride, so I wanted to be prepared as to what rides I could do with them. DH will ride the others with the kids.

You may want to have a good read through Aquatica's accessibility guide (https://aquatica.com/orlando/help/guests-with-disabilities/ride-accessibility-program/) but generally speaking:
  • Wave pools (Cutback Cove & Big Surf Shores) - no stairs
  • Lazy river (Loggerhead Lane) - no stairs
  • Fast moving river (Roa's Rapids) - no stairs
  • Small kids play area (Kataʼs Kookaburra Cove) - just a few steps up to the slides
  • Larger kids play area (Walkabout Waters) - more steps than Kookaburra Cove but probably doable
Pretty much all of the other slides are accessed via towers that are quite high so therefore many stairs.

I emailed Aquatica over the weekend about towel rentals and the response was "$5 for each towel rental." Did not say anything about deposit, but I assume there still is. Just FYI.
(admin, message me with email and I can forward that to you, if you'd like.)

I emailed Aquatica over the weekend about towel rentals and the response was "$5 for each towel rental." Did not say anything about deposit, but I assume there still is. Just FYI.
(admin, message me with email and I can forward that to you, if you'd like.)

Confirmed with Aquatica that towel rental is now a flat $5 per towel - no deposit; no money back on return. Main post updated to reflect the change. Thanks @luckycharliegirl for the tip! :)

Considering taking DD11 to Seaworld and/or Aquatica for a day in June, they're having a big sale on tickets. Never been there before....well, OK I've been to Seaworld but it was in the '80s. Do the lines get long at either park, like WDW? Would the $25/ticket cost to get to the front of the lines be worth it?

I don't have an answer for you but by bumping up this thread, hopefully someone will be able to give you an answer.

I’m curious about the exceptional high prices for July 2019 cabanas and reserved chairs. Will they lower the prices if people don’t want to pay that much?

Considering taking DD11 to Seaworld and/or Aquatica for a day in June, they're having a big sale on tickets. Never been there before....well, OK I've been to Seaworld but it was in the '80s. Do the lines get long at either park, like WDW? Would the $25/ticket cost to get to the front of the lines be worth it?

Well this is too late to help you, but maybe someone else....

We went last Sunday and it was really a miserable experience. Had the 14 day admission from Discovery Cove day...
Sure it was due to being a weekend in summer, but crowds were high. 45 minutes waits for most slides, although you really wouldn't know since they don't post wait times.
Line for food was at least 15 minutes at one of the restaurants. One of the quick snack/drink places the drink machines were down, and they were very slow stocking the overpriced snacks ($5.50 for small bag of popcorn, not even 2 cups, that had to wait 5 minutes for guy to bag)

Yeah the Quick Queue would have been nice, but it was $44/person... And didn't seem to be well run.

The fast river was annoying because everyone is not required to wear life jackets, so they float slower than people who are wearing them, along with people who decide to stop, kick, not care where they are going, etc... Makes for a lot of traffic jams and running in to other people. Very inferior to fast river at Volcano Bay where everyone wears jackets and go about the same rate.

We lasted about 4 hours and only did 4 slides before getting fed up and leaving.

Maybe in off season or weekday would have been more tolerable, but we had no desire to go back even with the 14 day ticket.

I HIGHLY question the #1 rated water park claim... Volcano Bay was many times better, but we went in evenings there when crowds were decreasing since VB stays open until 9pm, where Aquatica closes at 6pm.

Also wear water shoes.. The pavement and sand get scorching hot.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!