• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aquatica Showers and Locker Area

engle

DIS Veteran
Anyone been to Aquatica who can answer this....thinking of going to Aquatica on check out/flight day. Are the shower areas nice and clean...will we feel comfortable getting ready to travel? Do they have lockers near the shower area? We are planning a trip for next July...are the shower areas air conditioned??

I just got the Kelly Monaghan book Seaworld, Discovery Cove & Aquatica from the library (2009)...it mentions that most people wear clothes over their bathing suits and "disrobe near their locker." Then at day's end they "take their street clothes to a changing area, shower, towel down and get dressed..." This makes me think that the lockers aren't IN the changing/shower area. Hope someone who has been can answer you!

Yes the lockers are near the changing room and showers. They are located right behind the booth where you can rent the lockers. (There is also a second locker /changing room on the other side of the park but it is much smaller). The changing room has about 8 or so private showers. They two curtains, one for the actual shower and the other to give you a place to towel off and change in you are not comfortable being naked in a locker room type environment. Right across from the showers is a bench along the wall to use as needed. They are clean; the only issue is all the sand people track in from the beach. - Oh this is the men's locker room, can't speak for the women's.

There's a couple of shower rooms located around the park, and then there's the main locker shower area right up front. I've never had an issue keeping my stuff in my bookbag while i'm playing in the park. I just head back to it every so often to check on it. I usually keep a huge mug of soda with me. So I go back and grab a drink. I just use my towel to toss over the bag and soda.
Plus I'm usually only in the roa river and walkabout waters. So I snag a chair in between.

I used to go to Aquatica several times a week. And always leave at park closing. So I would bring clean clothes, shower there, and everything else. I never bothered with doing that stuff after getting home. I would suggest bringing a bottle of swim shampoo, use that first to help get the chlorine out. Then you can use their shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I love the smell of it. And of course because they have a water softener system, it was A LOT nicer than taking a shower at home. Only once, when it was pretty busy, did I get kind of cool water shower. Most the time, it was nice and warm without being too hot.

What do you mean by this? Is this something that is free in the showers or do you purchase from the shop?

The showers have dispensors for body soap/shampoo just like the bathroom sinks have soap dispensors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter