Aquatica... twice a week is my goal. 2010 season - post #101

I love walking into the theme parks here, just to watch every one running around with thier heads cut off.
And when people say/do stupid things because they don't want to take the time to find out. Like riding Space Mountain in the middle of it's refurbishment (that lady cracked me up, thankfully my back was turned to her).

I love being able to just go in there, do what I want and walk out. And if the line is to long... just wait till the next visit. Very rarely will I wait to do anything, 20 mins is my max, 5 mins for Aquatica.

So I went yesterday for a few hours. Apparently the park has been closing for capacity a lot this week. They blocked off the main entrance saying they would re-open at 4 pm. Well at about 2:30-3 a nice little shower came through, nothing big and scared some people away. So I parked at Sea World and took the shuttle over. The driver warned me about the closing, but since it was just me, I figured I'd take the chance. And they were letting people through the gate, no questions asked.

I only went on the dolphin slide, and had to wait from about the bottom just before the first bridge. All the slides were about down to the bottom besides the family slide, but it was closed earlier in the day when I got there. I left at about 7pm because of a storm coming in. I guess I have a very good judge of time because I got to take a nice long shower, dry off, brush my hair out and I walk out and every one was scrambling to the gate. As I walked to the parking to catch the shuttle they announced the storm and to leave the pools. The shuttle took a few, but I got on, managed to hop on the tram at Sea World (since I was parked in the second to last section) and make it to the car before it started pouring.

I can't wait till school is back in... and these late night showers end. Every day I'm in the mood to go... It pours. If I'm not in the mood, nicest day out.

Wow, filling to capacity? Guess I feel even better about not going the other day, now. One day we had aimed to go much earlier than we usually do.

I can't wait till school is back in... and these late night showers end. Every day I'm in the mood to go... It pours. If I'm not in the mood, nicest day out.

Yes, me too! Is it August 24th yet? :P Sucks that when the kids go back, the park starts closing earlier almost right away. And yes, if we can go that day, the weather is bad, if we end up having to cancel our plans or it's just the day before and after we had wanted to go, the weather wil be fine. grrrr lol

I'm kinda annoyed right now because I have a friend in town staying near Universal and we were planning to go to the Karaoke bar in citywalk tonight, but I just realized if I went it would have to be by myself and Universal is NOT Disney. I'm not walking out of that lot and driving home almost an hour that late by myself!

since u guys seem to be experts re aquatica - i was wondering if you could help me out with few questions

am i allowed to bring soft coolers into the park with juice boxes and water bottles.. cans of soda??

what about snacks - my hubbie is allergic to dairy - n most things at fast food restaurants have dairy in them - even items that you would never think have it - so we try to take some fruit cups, raisin snacks, etc for him to eat...

are any of the rides too scary (dark) for a 5 year old..

I would appreciate any help you can give me - this will be our first time at aquatica!!

Hey there.

You are allowed a small cooler. There is a size they mention as acceptable up to, but I can't remember off hand. You are allowed to bring in soda & juice boxes. You can also bring in snack size items. The ones you mentioned should be fine. No sandwiches, or things like that. This bugs me a little sometimes because some parks are for more liberal about this, and because it is almost impossible to spend hours there and not screw up my diet, with that rule. There isn't a single thing besides maybe water and plain fruit in that place anyone should be eating who is supposed to be counting every consumed calorie. This has been deterring me from going as much as I had wanted to. Many of us can't get away with the cliche "just make a better choice" way. Also, if you do have an issue with any of it or you have any "special dietary needs" you are invited to use the lockers just outside the park to store your food and eat at the picnic tables. Isn't that so kind? :P

There web site seems to be down at the moment, but it's here:
Aquatica FAQx

Sounds like what you're looking to do won't be a problem.

I wouldn't say any of the rides are dark in either the literal or figurative senses of the word, but I would think some of the slides would be too big or overwhelming for a 5 year old. They definitely do have "big" rides, though. I don't like the much myself. But that would depend on the 5 year old, and of course his/her height and the posted restrictions. There are also areas for children to play with smaller slides, things to climb on, water to squirt, etc.

Have a great time!

For a five year old, stick to the playground area and lazy rivers. They give you a life vest for the day at no charge, just find the areas they're around.
I took my 8 yr old who is pretty much afraid of everything and she went on everything. A little vid I did about it all.

We also like to visit Aquatica ~ we try to go once a week ~ the cholorine really bothers us too :(

I love how they are open until 10 for the summer ~ we always go at 6 and play in the "crazy river" Roa's Rapids for an hour or so, then hit the wave pool, then hit all the water slides that by that time are not busy at all and it's just a long walk up!!!

I really love living so close to all the wonderful parks in the Orlando area and being able to go whenever we want to go :thumbsup2

Good job getting your exercise the fun way ~ those stairs are TOUGH!!!

Have fun!!

Thanks earthfaries. I love just doing what I want when I want... and who cares if it's closed, it'll reopen eventually. I'm bad about laughing at people behind their backs when they start raising heck over something being closed... Like it's the person at the entrance fault that it went down.

Maybe I'll see you sometime there. Or all three of us could create a dis meet at some point in time. We could RULE Walkabout waters!!

I feel like I haven't been there in months now. This sucks. The weather's just been miserable too much, plus for various reasons the late summer tends to be miserable for us in general. Need a break!

Thanks earthfaries. I love just doing what I want when I want... and who cares if it's closed, it'll reopen eventually. I'm bad about laughing at people behind their backs when they start raising heck over something being closed... Like it's the person at the entrance fault that it went down.

Maybe I'll see you sometime there. Or all three of us could create a dis meet at some point in time. We could RULE Walkabout waters!!

You know that's a great idea! We really should organize a DIS meet at Aquatica ~ it would be super fun!!!

Are you trying to suggest there's something wrong with that idea?? We could line up at three dunking stations in a row and get some one all at once... that's a cool idea. Cause usually if you get them good once, they move to the side a bit and look up to see who did it, then the next person can get them.... I could see some red faces now. Mine would be red from laughing too much.

Has any one tried the food at the cook-out place. Right now they've got it for passport members all day band and one time price, which I think is like 15$. I've only ever eaten there once, and it was a kids pizza and fries. Kari was happy to get the bucket and cup.

lol. You're too much. :P

As for the BBC, I ate there on the first passholder preview day February 2008, I think it was. It was the first day it was open, but it was alright. Hot dogs are generally fine most places and I think the burger was ok, too. It's nice that the drinks are part of it. We've wanted to try it again, but won't do it unless we're getting there early for a change. I wasn't aware of that deal for passholders. That's good to know. For what the food costs in the other place that would be beneficial. One day we were going to eat at one of the restaurants I started calculating how much it would cost once everything was added together, with drinks etc. and it was pretty bad. It was so crowded anyway, we ended up leaving to go out to lunch and coming back.

Where'd you hear about the all day for the one time price thing? The only thing I know about is the VIP card thing they sent out a while ago. I've yet to use any of the things on it. It'd be nice to take advantage of the free photo thing one of these days.

Man I forgot about the free photos!!! I don't even know where I put my flyer ~ do you have to have it or do you just show your pass I wonder?

My son wants to try the all you can eat thing, but I can't imagine being there all day to eat enough, lol.

We love the dining pass at Busch Gardens, now that's a fun way to spend a day :goodvibes

Hmm i'm not sure. There was a card to separate on the flyer. I assume you need that but perhaps not. I never get pics in any of the Busch Parks, but I'd like to try and use that thing. It's a little hard because my husband hates pictures.

I've never done the dining pass at Busch Gardens. Normally if I eat there I end up just getting the slice of cheese pizza with fries combo, which is an odd one, but I like it enough.

I'm trying to figure out when the next day is we can go to Aquatica, or even one of the other parks. Our current passes expire in November.

I don't think the all day dining was in any flyers, I just saw the sign in front of the place the last time I was there. I think it's still the end of summer (well when park hours shorten).

I never got that coupon card. Thankfully our friend that hangs out with us had one. So we got a free photo, and got two kids meals free with two adult meals.

I can't wait to get back to aquatica, I'm stuck out in Texas till the 25th... bah.

Ah, I thought you were long back from TX. It sucks that the extended hours are dwindling.

I'll have to look for that sign next time we're there. One of these days we really will have to do some sort of Aquatica Meet, providing the weather lets us!

We were thinking of going tomorrow, but I just checked and it's looking like a terrible day to go all around. grrr

Hey I got some new photos of Walkabout and the Racers.

Aquatica-1.jpg

Aquatica-3.jpg

Aquatica-2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!