Aquatica... twice a week is my goal. 2010 season - post #101

Yeah, I'm still out here in the dessert... It's actually much nicer than the last summer I was out here. These were taken the last time I went, the day I said the park was full to capacity. I had just gotten a battery for my new camera, and wanted to test it out.

ah, I see. Well the weather's been kinda crappy here anyway. I haven't been there in ages. It sucks. The hours are changing very soon, too.

I'm glad you're feeling better with your visit there.

Yay, I made it back home to a disaster. Kari should not be left on her own for that long... period.

We're planning on going over to Aquatica on Tuesday, any one wanna join?

Yeah it was, the first night I was just so grossed out by it all that I went straight to bed so I didn't get mad over it. I took Kari to work the following day, so I didn't get home till the evening. I spent two hours cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Both still need a bit of scrubbing, but all the loose newspapers, random trash, and such all got picked up.
The living room is horrible, but partly cause I had Kari clean the storage unit out when I wasn't here. And there's a great big queen bed in the dining room (between the table and china cabinet). Kari said she would help me tuesday night to finish cleaning up.

Who knows what the weather will be like. But we'll go to Aquatica and if it's that bad we'll head over to Sea World. We really need to get another trip in to Busch Gardens, we've had the passes for over two years now and only went once.

lol I met Kari today!! (In case you didn't hear)

I think I might have freaked her out a little. lol I didn't even know she worked there, but I saw her and said to my sister, "omg I know that girl! er...well...sort of anyway." Then I checked the name tag and sure enough... I'm kinda friendly, so I went right up and said hello and she probably thought I was nuts. Well...she'd probably be at least slightly right, but in the harmless way. :P

Oh, btw no way I can make it tomorrow to Aquatica or SW since my sister came into town on majorly short notice which was a shock since it's been 4 years and that was because I had Christmas at my house that year. If she had passes I'd drag her along. She'd probably be complaining about getting her hair wet or something silly like that anyway. lol

Have fun if you go!

I want to get back to Busch Gardens, too! Our passes expire in early Nov. Can't imagine we'll have the cash to re-up at this point. Things have been crazy! One thing after another! Definitely want to make it back somehow before they expire just in case. We have to hit Sea World and of course Aquatica, too. I so miss it! :( I always wanted to hang around for the Halloween stuff in SW, but they keep talking about how it's for kids, which bugs me and it's so not how Disney does things.

Yeah, Kari told me about you talking to her. She's like one little spark said Hi to me today, cause she recognized me from the photo. It really made me laugh the way she put it. But Kari's gotten used to me sending strangers her way. When I worked at MK, I'd talk to families and send them to Frontierland to find her so she could give them fast passes to Thunder and Splash.

We didn't make it to the park, it was a miserable day, plus Kari sat in front of the tv with a controller in her hand all day. I really need to get back there, I feel so lazy lately.

I was away for 8 days, then I had to send my computer out. I'm on my husband's laptop now, which I hate and nothing is set up the way I like it, but I finally found my way here. lol

Anyway... We're going to try to go to a park Sunday. We're thinking Busch Gardens. It's been a while, now. We need to try to hit them all again though. Our passes are up in early November and I don't think we can possibly renew them right now. I kinda figured BG made sense since it's the furthest away in the direction we don't go in all the time for other things.

If you guys are planning on hitting any of the parks and want to try to meet up, just let me know. When do your passes expire, again?

Ohh look... today is Sunday. I've been away from the computer as well for the past few days too. And I hate laptops. But my aunt's redeemed her's when I found out how to scroll with the mouse pad (run your finger along the right side or bottom and it scrolls the page like a wheel. But I hate typing on it.

Our passes expire jan 31. We should stop paying for it, but it's our one luxury and we also got our friend to get a pass earlier this year, so it would not be cool that he has a year left go and we can't go with him. I've thought about downgrading to sea world/aquatica, but it wouldn't be much of a price difference (as long as our passes don't increase in price), I'd really like to get locked in with the platinum price of 17$... it might be a while before we hit other parks, but I don't want to pay 20+ per month when it does happen. Did I make any sense at all??

We're planning on going wensday to sea world or aquatica. Really want to get out to BG, but we just haven't come up with the money for all the gas, even if it is split with our friend. We're planning on going to the MNSSHP next week. Maybe next month...

Yeah, I think it made sense. I'm not so keen on letting ours go, but I don't think we get much benefit from renewing right now anyway, so we may as well just wait until a better time. As it is we have other stuff coming up like Halloween/MNSSHP, MVMCP etc. plus Christmas (ugh) and all this after a hellish summer. When I do renew I really don't want a monthly payment anymore, either. It's a small bill, but the list is still annoyingly long as it is.

Have an awesome time at MNSSHP, if you go!

We did have an amazing time at the halloween party. I've spent all my time in the past month working on the costumes that I haven't made it over there at all. And now we have a cold front. I hope it warms up again by next week. Then I'm off to texas again for two weeks.

MNSSHP-Mickey.jpg

We're hoping we can con Kari's parent's into going to the Christmas Party, we got my aunt to do it last year.

Here I am back in Texas again... I spent the whole month and a half at home making that costume. I hope some warm weather sticks around for when I get back to Florida because I'm going to Indiana in a week to freeze.

I went to Sea World on tuesday, and I was surprised at the lines I could see from the Sky Tower at Aquatica. I hate that the park closes so early now, it's so much more fun at night time.

Cool costumes. Great work! I'm glad you had a good time. Mine is coming up now in just a few days! We check in on the 28th, then have the party on the 31st.

It isn't looking like I'm going to be making it back to Aquatica before my passes expire. And yeah, night time was great there, I agree. I will get passes again though, I think. Just not right now. Between that and some changes to car insurance, I ended up reducing our expenses by about a hundred bucks. In the grand scheme of things it isn't much, but the rest are the sort of bills you really can't change.

Btw if you were wondering why I haven't answered in ages, I was without my own computer since Sept. 16th. The idiots finally admitted they couldn't get a part and replaced it because of the service plan I had bought and I finally have it now.

Texas again...Indiana....You're just traveling all over the place these days, huh?

i'm sitting in the hotel room in Kentucky right now. We're on our way back to florida. I'm ready for the warm weather, it's been in the 50's for me. Kari is jealous right now, but I need that last bit of summer fun.

We get in Friday afternoon, saturday take the kids trick or treating at DTD, sun is up in the air. Monday Kari's parents get into town, and we check in at the Fort. Thursday my aunt leaves, and the following wenesday Kari's parent's leave.
But it was a lot of fun seeing the cousins. It's been 14 years since I've been up there. And I got to go out on the farm with them to pick soybeans. Although my cousin doesn't run a pig farm anymore. Now my aunt wants to plan a huge family reunion for Dec 2010 at Disney... yay like a 100 people coming.

But the best part, I got to ride a horse for like an hour. He wanted to do his own thing, but we were in the corral, so he couldn't go far. But it was fun being up there, in control of this big animal. He was really sweet.

Hi again! I have a question for you guys ~ about Halloween :goodvibes

We went to MNSSHP on the 18th and had a blast ~ it was so nice and cold out and just perfect :wizard:

I heard about the trick or treating at Downtown Disney ~ how is that ? Has anyone been before ?

Just trying to decide what to do for Halloween ~ thanks!

Sorry I didn't get on to tell you in advance. But I've never done DTD until this year. While it was fun... sorta. I won't be doing that again. Some of the candy lines were really really long. And the only fun happening thing was the dance party at the waterfront stage.

We generally go to Fort Wilderness for Halloween. They do a lot of cute things there. And we usually stay over for a few nights, but this year was hard to get ressies.

Now that I have experienced DTD Halloween, it will be one thing I won't suggest. There's many other things going on at the resorts that sound much much better.

Yep, I'm reviving my old topic.

I've been going to sea world like 3-4 times a week lately after work. And I keep looking over at aquatica all dead and empty. I can't wait till it reopens and the weather warms up. I've been wanting to get into the rao river for some time now.
And I can't wait to try that new slide. It looks like it should be done by now. It's huge compared to the old slide that was there.

Littlespark: you still around??

Not yet. Had this glorious 3 days of really nice warm weather... like high 70's. Almost warm enough to go... and now it's cold again, some where in the 50's again.

But I can't wait to get pictures of the new slide. From manta and the sky tower it looks pretty much done, and really huge in comparisson to the old slides that were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter