Aquatica... twice a week is my goal. 2010 season - post #101

YAY!!!!!

I finally made it back. First day at Aquatica. Some changes have been made, noticable little ones here and there. And a couple big ones. I've got a few pictures to show.

They finally added a timer to the racers. They don't seem to work all the time. And the lifeguard at the base has to hit a button to reset it each time.
04202010.jpg

My favorite stomping grounds. They've changed a few of the sprayers, and they changed my favorite dump bucket (the one above the little green slides at the back left, the bucket was on the walkway to the pink/yellow slides). I didn't explore the right side, as it was a bit cloudy and windy.
04202010-1.jpg

Here's the new waterslide. I would've thought they would take out two of the four slides since they're mirrored. But there was a new platform built one flight of stairs below the old ones, and a seperate dump out pool. It was alright, you totally get soaked (like water splashing in your face). and every funnel I was getting turned around, so I went down it backwards most the way. Probably would enjoy it more if I had a pair of goggles on to see where I was going.
04202010-2.jpg

Can you believe those pics were taken with a cell phone camera?? I'm quite impressed with my photography skills.

Crowds were fairly light. Even though they're offering the free tickets to stranded tourist. Tassie Twister always seems to have a line though. And it's strange cause it's the hardest entrance to get to.

I'm very impressed with myself. I was able to hike it to the top of taumata racers, without having to stop half way. Last year, in the beginning, I get winded half way up. But with the cloudy/windy conditions, I just hiked it back to Roas River to get warmed up.

We are coming out on the 6th May, after not being able to fly on the 15th April, got to the airport and waited 9 hrs then all air space over UK was closed !!!! :confused: so, as we have a few extra days in Florida, as we cant fly home when we planned to, I've got a ticket for BG and Aquatica.

My dd is 7 and quite a good swimmer, shes keen to go down the dolphin plunge...... will it be suitable...... I guess I go down first and then she can follow....???

Ant help please... didnt plan to do this or BG's. so any help really appreciated !:)

All the slides at Aquatica are fairly tame. Dolphin Plunge is very slow and it might take a few tries to finally see the dolphin. The green slide is better for trying to see the dolphins. The best idea is to each go down the slides together, one take blue, one take green. Then you'll be able to start together, and be at the bottom when she gets there. Sometimes kids can get cold feet if you go before or after them. And it's quite a ways from top to bottom, so she can't really see you as you exit.

Tassie Twister, Taumata Racers, and Okama (the new one) are about the only ones I'd try first before sending her down. Everything else, go for it. And walk about waters, pictured above is just so much fun.

I guess I should've heeded my own advice... go in the afternoon. It was a fairly windy, partly cloudy day earlier. And got myself a nice pink tan on my shoulders and upper arms. Last year, I wore a swim shirt over my tankini top, and this year I decided not to.

I know I should wear sun screen and I used to have some really good stuff that went on dry, not oily. But a former co-worker never returned the bottle to me a couple years back and never bothered to get a new one.

Plus the parks close at 6 right now, so it's hard to go in the late afternoon. Only a month left till they start the summer nights.

For some reason, tassie twister always has a huge line... it was at the bottom of the stair case today. None of the other slides had a line that long. And surprisingly enough, roa's river was pretty quiet. That usually fills up fast, and it's not much fun crowded.

Ahh the joys of peeling skin....

Haven't made it to Aquatica this week (and probably won't till next week)... This week instead I got to see this...

IMGP0629.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter