Are all the resort pools so crowded?

Gagebre

Mouseketeer
We were at the All Stars Music a few days ago and the pools were always really packed. We didn't even attempt to swim although we would have loved to cool off (the temps were in the mid 90's). We stayed there several years ago and it was nothing like this. Is this to be expected at all the resort pools? It was just a little to much for me. I thought I picked an off time to go, but I guess not because the CM that checked us in said they were booked solid. The rest of the resort was the same way, the food court, gift shop, etc.

I think it depends on the time of year you go and this should be slower than most. That being said, I have noticed, when we visited that the All stars seems to typically be crowded. Perhaps there are simply more kids there and since they are prime pool users that might be why. They are the value resort and thus attract more families because of the price and the theme.

I know the POFQ, even in mid summer, was crowded but not all the time. There was always room to move. Both in the water and out.

We just returned from AKL 4/25 - 5/2. The pool here was very crowded the entire time. I think it was due to the heat wave they are experiencing. You just had to cool off in the afternoon! But despite it being crowded, we all enjoyed the pool very much. Everyone was very considerate and there was no splashing, jumping, etc. Very enjoyable! Don't let the crowds scare you - just join right in!

All the moderates have "quiet" pools as well as a main pool. The quiet pools are rarely crowded. I especially enjoy the ones at PO Riverside in the Magnolia Bend section and the ones at Coronado Springs. In fact, if you love pools as much as I do, you will REALLY love Coronado Springs!
Another option is Swan/Dolphin-- gorgeous 3 acre pool area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter