Are any DVC owners also Disney owners?

Well yes and no......I looked into their stock option plan..its not a bad deal. But I haven't done anything for us. The kids on the other hand each own shares that we bought for them. They actually have a framed stock certificate hanging in their rooms. The certificates are very colorful with Walt and all his characters on them.......
Brownie

I have a few shares (less than 200), I bought before the stock split a few years ago.

My older daugher (14) has Disney Stock & for my other daughter (1) I am buying her a few shares. But of course the parents don't have any, we just get the bills. :cool1:

Yup, own a few shares. Bought 'em ahead of Desperate Housewives and the Pixar deal, so I'm actually ahead. :)

We are. We bought the oneshare of both Disney and Pixar for dd last year, so I guess that makes two shares there! Also when she was a baby we started investing in Disney stock and Microsoft for her own portfolio. Now that she is older we have given her the option to choose the stocks she wants us to contribute to but she hasn't changed. She just loves feeling like she actually owns a piece of the magic with both DVC and Disney stock. Also, you can't beat the annual report. I love that book! :thumbsup2

Yes, I've been in the DRIP a little over a year.

DIS had gotten beaten up for years and the press seemed focused on how badly Eisner was doing. I felt that the Pixar thing would be settled in a good way, I knew about Narnia and the 2 POTC movies in production (which will make a ton of money). And hanging out on the DISboards proved to me that the parks were cranking. So I jumped. They've been crushing earnings ever since.

I could kick myself cuz we went in Oct '02 and again in Oct '03 and the increase in park attendance was dramatic. I could've bought right after our '02 trip for about $15/share.

Of course, I wish I'd done as much thinking about DVC earlier. I only joined in March of this year. Should've joined back in '02.

Yes, I own about 50 shares in the ESPP. I started buying them in 2001, but stopped in 2004. I have been thinking of buying more recently. There is a good article on MSN Money today about this stock.

I've owned the stock for years - I was given a few shares as a gift a long time ago - mid 80s - which has split several times. Hasn't done much for the past decade, but I don't own much and it basically sits around and I cash dividend checks. I'd do better having the money somewhere else, but it isn't worth selling it, either (it isn't much). And it was a gift from my ex-husband - probably the only thing of even marginal value I got from that relationship - other than the lesson in not marrying a guy assuming he will change.

And, its held in several of my mutual funds as well.

Yup....I bought about 200 shares a while back in my retirement account. When DH was re-working our portfolios I told him he could sale anything but my Disney. :teeth: Its an emotional thing! Same sort of feeling like being a DVC member :thumbsup2

Aloha,
Jen

I own about 50 shares I bought a few months after 9/11. I'd never seen Disney stock down so low (I think it was under $20 per share). But it's really an emotional thing for me too-I don't ever plan to sell it.

I own a whopping 10 shares of Disney stock. :)

The day that the stock market reopened after 9/11 I wanted to purchase stocks for my 2 daughters as a sentimental gesture. When they asked me what stock I wanted to purchase, I responded Disney of course. I remember as the gentleman was completing the paperwork he said that Disney stock was dropping. He tried to reassure me that it would go up. I told him that he didn't need to worry as I would personally help it go up.

The older 2 got 5 shares for their baptism when then split 3-for-1. The younger 2 just have the 5 shares (born after the stock split). My grandmother and aunts go in on them and buy Disney stock as baptism gifts for all the new babies. Pretty cool gift!

Yes. I started acquiring Disney stock around 1991. I bought my initial shares on the market and have invested through the DRIP and DSP programs ever since.

We own Disney stock also, but I don't know how much. That is, unless my DH sold it behind by back. :rotfl: :rotfl: But i don't think he did.

I don't plan on selling it or DVC !

holcomb-mania said:
...could've bought right after our '02 trip for about $15/share...
ABC advertising revenues (Disney's biggest source of income) were in the tank back then. Seemed pretty obvious to me that was a cyclical problem and they were simply at the bottom of a down cycle (since corrected by Desperate Housewives, Lost, Etc.). Bought deep at $14.20 and have DRiPed it ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!