Are children required to participate in scheduled Oceanear Club Activities?

SweetSpot

DIS Veteran
Are children able to go to the club to play video games or computer games if there is a scheduled activity that they don't want to participate in? My oldest sometimes doesn't like doing structured group activities. Will he be able to stay if he doesn't feel comfortable joining the group? He is very comfortable in doing his own thing. A loner who likes to feel as if he is a part of the action without actually participating.

Also, what type of computer games do they offer? Is there internet access in there for them and if so is it monitored? I understand that they offer only PS2 games. We have PS but usually gear ourselves toward Nintendo games for role playing and because they tend to be less violent. Do they have more than sport games available to play and are they all what you would consider rated appropriately for the 10-12 age group? Do kids usually have to wait a while for a turn or do they have enough systems set up that there is usually something available?

Thank you for any help.

When they are having structured activities, the children are required to participate in those if they want to be in the Club or Lab. They simply don't have the staff to allow kids to be in unsupervised areas of the Club or Lab.

There is plenty of free time in the schedule, though, so not to worry. My daughter prefers the free time too.

They do not have internet access in the kid's clubs, they do for the teens.

I'm not sure on the current games, last year the kids played Hercules quite a bit. They take turns on the computers; the counselors structure that very well.

Hope that helps a little!

As far as having free time to play the games, I can tell you, the best time for that would be in the later evening if you are in the adult area!

That was actually my only complaint! We did not allow our DD10 to sign herself out, and we ended up getting paged at 11:45pm (all the other parents pointed and laughed at us after seeing it wasn't their beeper!) that my daughter wanted to be signed out. I couldn't really be upset with her!
My complaint was that, just because they're "bigger" why shouldn't they be given the choice to lay down and watch a video (and close their eyes) if they're tired.

Anyway, the point is, at that time of the night, there isn't much structured stuff happening!

Thank you for your answers!

I agree they should be allowed to lay back and watch a movie late at night like the younger group. For some reason I assumed they were also given that option.

I only hope he allows himself to let go and participate.

when we went on October 12th Magic cruise - these are the games DS played in the Lab

Commanche 4 ( helicoptor game ) , Harry Potter, Madden, NHL ,Hercules and Simba's pride gamebreak

hope this helps :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter