Are DNDs gone from SSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffy

DIS Veteran
I can't figure out, even after scouring the DIS, if SSR is one of the resorts that no longer as DNDs but has "Room Occupied" signs instead. We have a stay booked there in the beginning of March, and if the new policy of entering your room every day for a security check, even if you're in the room, is being used at SSR, I'm going to book somewhere else. Off-property, I guess. If you know, thanks!

If this new security check is as most suspect it is due to the Las Vegas shooting, then ALL hotels, both Disney and off site should be doing this also. So, staying else where you may end up with the same lack of privacy. I would not leave all the perks of staying at a Disney resort just because they want to empty my trash every day.

I don't mind having my trash emptied every day and I always use mousekeeping's services. But this is something else entirely, which is being discussed on several other threads. When I have the DND on my door, I don't want to be disturbed--for a good reason. Not because I'm a nefarious evildoer.

And if this what staying at a hotel has come to, I won't be doing it any longer.

I think you missed the point, no matter where you stay you will have security checking the room. Disney decided to call it a trash removal perk and in doing so, has opened up a can of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter