Are fastpasses for shows if you are in a wheelchair or scooter worth it?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'd like to get best use out of the fastpasses that I can get. Since shows require wheelchairs and scooters to go in a special line and special locations I don't see a point of having a fastpass for shows. Am I missing some key point here?

I know there is limited seating at the shows for wheelchairs and scooters, but I'm hoping to show up early enough to not have a issue on that count.

Would appreciate your opinions, here. Thanks.

We go ahead and get FPs just because in cases where the HA seating is limited, we feel like it makes for less stress. We show up at the beginning of our FP window, and get settled as early as possible, then we don't have to worry.

I never really considered *not* getting a FP LOL!

I'd like to get best use out of the fastpasses that I can get. Since shows require wheelchairs and scooters to go in a special line and special locations I don't see a point of having a fastpass for shows. Am I missing some key point here?

I know there is limited seating at the shows for wheelchairs and scooters, but I'm hoping to show up early enough to not have a issue on that count.

Would appreciate your opinions, here. Thanks.

It would depend on how many people needing the HC seating get the FP, thus filling the seating before you?

For many shows, guests with wheelchairs or ECVs will be waiting in the line with other guests until shortly before entering the building/theater.
So, your wait in line could be shorter if you are using Fastpass than if not. Where it makes a difference is the shows that have long lines/waits. With Fastpass, you will also be going in sooner, so even if there are enough wheelchair spaces, you will probably get a better location with using Fastpass.
The wait can be somewhat managed for some shows because longer waits occur at certain times than others. The part that can't be controlled is the number of guests with mobility devices.

Shows that are continuous - like Mickey's Philharmagic or Laugh Floor - without Fastpass, you might enter the queue/building and not get into same show that guests using Fastpass are getting into. But, the wait is pretty short so waiting for the next show would not be that much longer. For both of those, guests with mobility devices are not separated out until right before seating.

The shows that are live, have limited showtimes and limited seating are the ones we get Fastpass for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter