Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Hey Howdy Hey!

I am back for another trip report! For those that don't know me I am Ryan, Rumors and News board moderator, DIS contributor and once in a while podcaster, as well as a college student. I have a very busy life but I like it that way. I get bored when I have nothing to do. I come from the Cheese state of Wisconsin so of course Go Pack Go, Go Badgers, Brewers, and Bucks!

I have done numerous trip reports that you can find in my signature below.

rsz_img_7948.jpg

This trip was to celebrate my Spring Break. This would be my second solo trip but my longest thus far. My previous Solo trip was only 3 days whereas this one was 5. I had a lot planned to do during those 5 days including some new things.

I would be staying at All-Star Sports. I had stayed here previously but back around 2000 when I was about 2-3 years old. So, I don't remember anything from that trip. I wouldn't spend a ton of time here so thats why I wasn't too worried about the quality but more on that later.

I only had three ADRs booked this trip but it included The Edison which was new for me and I was of course excited to try out.

The title is a bit of an ongoing theme I noticed throughout my trip which we will get into several times throughout.

So get ready because here we go!

Trip details

Dates: 3/19/18 - 3/23/18
Resort: All-Star Sports
JUST ME!

Tables of Contents
1. The Arrival Part 1
2. The Arrival Part 2
3. A Wild Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom Part 1
4. A Wild Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom Part 2
5. A Festival and a Safari Part 1
6. A Festival and a Safari Part 2
7. A Festival and a Safari Part 3
8. A Festival and a Safari Part 4
9. A Festival and a Safari Part 5
10. A Festival and a Safari Part 6
11. A Festival and a Safari Part 7
12. A Festival and a Safari Part 8
13. A Festival and a Safari Part 9
14. Dinoland and more!
15. Flight of Passage 3 times in a row! Part 1
16. Flight of Passage 3 times in a row! Part 2
17. I can't eat pizza in my room...
18. I rope drop Magic Kingdom! Part 1
19. I rope drop Magic Kingdom! Part 2
20. I rope drop Magic Kingdom! Part 3
21. I eat wayyyyyy toooooo much Part 1
22. I eat wayyyyyy toooooo much Part 2
23. I eat wayyyyyy toooooo much Part 3
24. The Love is Forever Tour! Part 1
25. The Love is Forever Tour! Part 2
26. The Love is Forever Tour! Part 3
27. The Love is Forever Tour! Part 4
28. Flower and Garden! Part 1
29. Flower and Garden! Part 2

30. Flower and Garden! Part 3
31. Flower and Garden! Part 4
32. Flower and Garden! Part 5
33. Flower and Garden! Part 6
34. Flower and Garden! Part 7
35. I thought the Love is Forever Tour was just for me?
36. Is it Black Friday?
37. Let's get Evac'd!
38. Let's get Evac'd!
39. I try The Edison!
40. Its a crowded Happily Ever After
41. Its a crowded Happily Ever After Part 2

42. I rope drop Magic Kingdom!
43. Its a Festival of Fantasy Sprint!
44. What Shall I Buy?
45. What Shall I Buy? Part 2
46. All-Star Sports Walk
47. Free Tours!
48. One Last Hurrah!

Last edited:

The Arrival

I booked the earliest flight out of Milwaukee that I could to get the most out of my trip. It also helped that it was the cheapest. Not that I really needed it at 3:30AM but I also have TSA Pre-Check which I love. No standing in regular security and no taking shoes off. My flight left at 5:15AM and was scheduled to land at about 9AM.

IMG_2952 2JPG.jpg

Awesome sunrise to start the day!

IMG_2954 2JPG.jpg

Hello Orlando!

IMG_2955 2JPG.jpg

The Earport...

IMG_2958 2JPG.jpg

IMG_2959JPG.jpg

A great view of the welcome arch to Walt Disney World

IMG_2961.jpg

I should mention we landed about 15-20 minutes late due to having to go around a storm. I was on a Magical Express bus in no time and on my way to All-Star Sports which happened to be the first stop. I head for the check in counter even after doing online check in to see if there was a room available yet. The CM helped me out and said my room was ready which was a surprise. I also ended up opting out of turn down service which got me a $30 Disney gift card. After heading to my room I discovered I got a preferred King room. Not something I originally intended but no complaints from me!

IMG_2967 2JPG.jpg

IMG_2968 2JPG.jpg

IMG_2969JPG.jpg

IMG_2970 2JPG.jpg

Notice in the bathroom that there are soap dispensers. These have been rolling out at the values instead of individual soap bottles. This didn't bother me at all throughout this trip but I did miss the little bottles. Overall the room was fine so far. The All-Stars are about to begin a renovation of their rooms to look like the Pop Century rooms so within the next year or two they will have updated looks which will help.

Continued in Next Post...

Yay a trip report! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

I think we have actually stayed in that very room once. Have to go back and look at the pics from our trip several years ago but I know that building, that wing and that floor. Great location because no pool noise and close to bus stop.

Yay a trip report! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

Thanks for joining in!

I think we have actually stayed in that very room once. Have to go back and look at the pics from our trip several years ago but I know that building, that wing and that floor. Great location because no pool noise and close to bus stop.

Yeah it definitely was a quieter room.

Excited to follow along! A solo trip sounds amazing!

Thanks for joining in!

Following! We were thinking of staying at Sports next year as we spend very minimal time in the hotel and wanted to extend our stay - thus paying less per night. Excited to hear the rooms might get a re-fresh though I doubt in time for our visit by the end of next year. Any idea when they plan on starting?

What is the curtain in the picture facing the sink? Is that for privacy when brushing your teeth?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter