Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

AK is our favorite park also
I don’t think we could ever ride FOP enough
I love the song that plays during Na’vi River
Wow that tour is so cool I hope they keep doing them as well
Great job on the bathroom :thumbsup2

AK is our favorite park also
I don’t think we could ever ride FOP enough
I love the song that plays during Na’vi River
Wow that tour is so cool I hope they keep doing them as well
Great job on the bathroom :thumbsup2
Agreed all accounts!

Thanks you!

64144a3-jpg.322274
Such a cool mug. I love the shape of it - so interesting!

Also loved the wallet you got for your mom.

Upon walking in I spotted Max Goof! So I had to stop because how often is he out?
So cool! I love hearing about those unusual character meets.
Here is when my next fantastic Cast interaction happened. This guy was pretty much our pre-fireworks entertainment. His name is Jeff and his wife and him are retired educators who now work for Disney. He has a blue name tag so you know he is good. He was out of this world good. He told us about a story of an interaction he had with a Make-A-Wish kid that would have made you cry. While so much has changed for better or worse at Disney its Cast Members like Jeff that make me come back.
So happy you had great CM interactions in this trip. I never really have a problem, but will always hear others talking about bad experiences which is really a shame.
First up was Disney Movie Magic the projection show. I didn't get a chance to see this in January so it was a new to me thing.
How long has this been going on? Since the new year? I feel like I didn't hear too much information about it. I will have to try and see it the next time I'm in WDW...
My first Fastpass of the day was Flight of Passage! My 5th and final ride on it this trip. I will never get sick of this ride.
Wow 5 rides in one trip - that's great!!! Seeing all of your pictures makes me so excited to go back to AK again!
I really hope they continue these into the future as I would love to do it again.
The tour sounded really nice - hopefully with guest feedback they will decide to keep it and maybe advance it a bit...
So in life news school is over for the summer! I also recently finished painting one of our bathrooms at home.
Congrats on finishing school. I'm a fellow college student and recently finished as well so I know how good that feeling is!

Love the new Toy Story bathroom - especially the aliens reaching for the light switch - such a cool detail! :thumbsup2

Such a cool mug. I love the shape of it - so interesting!

Also loved the wallet you got for your mom.

So cool! I love hearing about those unusual character meets.

So happy you had great CM interactions in this trip. I never really have a problem, but will always hear others talking about bad experiences which is really a shame.

How long has this been going on? Since the new year? I feel like I didn't hear too much information about it. I will have to try and see it the next time I'm in WDW...

Wow 5 rides in one trip - that's great!!! Seeing all of your pictures makes me so excited to go back to AK again!

The tour sounded really nice - hopefully with guest feedback they will decide to keep it and maybe advance it a bit...

Congrats on finishing school. I'm a fellow college student and recently finished as well so I know how good that feeling is!

Love the new Toy Story bathroom - especially the aliens reaching for the light switch - such a cool detail! :thumbsup2
Thanks!

Disney Movie Magic began late last year or early this year I believe.

I hope so about the tour as well.

Thanks!

Oh wow, I didn't know about that tour but it sounds really cool. AK has so much to offer.

Good job on the Toy Story wall art. Looks great!

That backstage tour is super interesting. I hope the rumors are wrong and they decide to continue them!

Bathroom came out great - I love it!

Animal Kingdom is a great way to end a trip and the free tour at planet watch looks awesome!

I must say you have the coolest bathroom of all time! The Toy Story characters and the clouds are perfect! An A+ from me!

Animal Kingdom is a great way to end a trip and the free tour at planet watch looks awesome!

I must say you have the coolest bathroom of all time! The Toy Story characters and the clouds are perfect! An A+ from me!
It was great!

Thanks!

One Last Hurrah!

After I left Animal Kingdom I headed over to Magic Kingdom for one last hurrah. I didn't have anything planned so I just walked around Magic Kingdom. I did end up picking up a Winnie the Pooh Fastpass. I also went and met Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny although I wasn't all that happy with the photo.

IMG_4189 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4190 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4197 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

A great view of the castle without any crowds in it.

IMG_4198 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I went to hop on the train for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_4200 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The parade was leaving Frontierland as we passed by. The guy in front of me was very excited about it.

IMG_4202 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

One last ride would be on the Peoplemover before heading out. Crowds were definitely higher on Friday than they were earlier in the week.

IMG_4203 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4205 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I got back to All-Star Sports and they put up an Easter Egg display!

IMG_4207 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4208 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4209 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4210 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I vote Porg because Porg.

After that I decided to utilize the pool and just relax before having to catch the tragical express. This is something I rarely do on Disney trips since time is so precious or its too cold. After a couple hours I packed up my things and headed to the front to wait for the bus. You could tell the parks would be crowded that night due to the bus lines. I also got one final tie in to my trip report title.

This woman was headed to the Magic Kingdom apparently...

IMG_4211 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I mean she could have been headed to some special dining location but if she was actually going to the park and walking around that not exactly the best shoe wear.

The bus arrived and it was time to go.

IMG_4213 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

So long WDW...

IMG_4215 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Ride photos from earlier...

Sleepy

IMG_4220 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Rawr!

IMG_4221 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Peace!

IMG_4222 3 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Orlando International

IMG_4224 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I ended up seeing some family friends who were taking the same flight I was. I had no idea they were in Orlando that week as well.

IMG_4226 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4227 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Back to reality it was. The flight was uneventful and I was back in a then very cold Wisconsin.

I want to thank all of you for reading and following along in another one of my trip reports. I always enjoy doing these and sharing my experiences. I love reading others as well. This trip was a fun time even though I was alone. All-Star Sports was a fine resort but I feel I have been spoiled with deluxe the past few trips. I am excited to try Pop again this Fall with the renovated rooms. I got a lot done being along but not sharing those experiences with others does seem a little lonely at times though. I will definitely do solo trips again though as my next two probably will be. Riding Flight of Passage three times in a row was awesome and something I might not get to do again or at least for a very long time. I leave you with my trip video that I finally finished in time to end this report...

Flower and Garden!

So I was very excited this trip to check out Flower and Garden for the first time ever. I have never been to any Epcot festival for that matter which is actually hard to do at this point with all of the festivals that they put on. I also chose to go to Epcot this night for extra magic hours which I know a lot of people avoid but I wanted to make the most of the day.

Love the topiary at the front! I also picked up a map and passport.

View attachment 316305

View attachment 316306

What a beaut!

View attachment 316307

So many of your follow the News Round Up thread that I run on Rumors and News, so you know that I have a bit of a MagicBand obsession right now. Flower and Garden came out with two MBs for the festival (actually 3 but that third one was Minnie and didn't come out until about a week ago). I am up to about 24 bands now which includes the free ones.

View attachment 316308

View attachment 316309

First order of business was a rather short wait for Soarin! I don't remember how long it was but maybe 30 minutes which wasn't bad at all. I actually was surprised how low crowds were the entire week. I was expecting crazy Spring Break madness and I didn't get it. I timed this trip nearly perfectly.

View attachment 316311

View attachment 316312

I know many have issues with Soarin and its distortion. I think this ride I did get the middle row 2. Thats the best possible seat. That said I still enjoy the attraction despite its issues. Is it my favorite? No.

I decided to visit Nemo and his friends next!

I had the entire queue to myself. I am not joking. There was not a single person in this queue. It was like the ride was abandoned or something.

View attachment 316313

After I went up to visit the Manatees who had a lot of lettuce to snack on.

View attachment 316314
I am very much enjoying your trip report.
Thank you.
A question though, how did you find out about the
special festival magicbands (or for that matter the free passholder festival magnets that are mentioned in other people's posts)?
I was there near the beginning of the festival and have an AP but had no idea these items were available.

Continued in next post....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter