Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

Great report! I just got back from DL and combined with reports like this make me long to head back to WDW! Coincidently, I just booked a solo trip for September!
Thanks for reading! You'll have a blast on that solo trip. Jealous of you going to DL, I need to get out there soon.

Great wrap-up. Looks like you had a fun time. And you didn't have to get up at 3 AM to race!

I am not sure I would be to into a solo trip now because I am so used to traveling with my wife, but I don't think that would stop me if I had the opportunity. (Not to mention she would likely kill me if I ever went without her.)

I also agree that the deluxes really spoil you - we hadn't stayed at Deluxe until we bought into DVC in 2014, and even though it's only been 4 years we are now completely spoiled and I am not sure that I would ever want to go back to staying at a value, but I do think I would be fine with the mods. We still haven't tired Coronado, so maybe someday we'll do that.

Great wrap-up. Looks like you had a fun time. And you didn't have to get up at 3 AM to race!

I am not sure I would be to into a solo trip now because I am so used to traveling with my wife, but I don't think that would stop me if I had the opportunity. (Not to mention she would likely kill me if I ever went without her.)

I also agree that the deluxes really spoil you - we hadn't stayed at Deluxe until we bought into DVC in 2014, and even though it's only been 4 years we are now completely spoiled and I am not sure that I would ever want to go back to staying at a value, but I do think I would be fine with the mods. We still haven't tired Coronado, so maybe someday we'll do that.
The not having to get up so early was a nice change!

Yeah I definitely understand the hesitation to doing a solo trip when married.

For sure, I hopefully will get back to mods and deluxes soon enough. I needed to be a bit more budget friendly with this trip and my next.

Sounds like you made good use of your last few hours of magic!

I keep saying that one day I'm going to wear heels to the parks just so that I can be that person that everyone makes fun of for wearing heels to the park. Then I remember that while I probably cousl get away with heels in most of the parks (maybe not AK), I have better park shoes ... and that seems like a good way to ruin a perfectly good pair of heels :).

I enjoyed the report ... thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'm looking forward to reading your next TR in a few months!

Sounds like you made good use of your last few hours of magic!

I keep saying that one day I'm going to wear heels to the parks just so that I can be that person that everyone makes fun of for wearing heels to the park. Then I remember that while I probably cousl get away with heels in most of the parks (maybe not AK), I have better park shoes ... and that seems like a good way to ruin a perfectly good pair of heels :).

I enjoyed the report ... thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'm looking forward to reading your next TR in a few months!
Lol, heels just don’t seem like a good option!

Thanks for reading!

Another great trip report and the pictures were fantastic. Until the fall. Did you decide on dates yet?

Great trip report, awesome photo's and of course Porg because Porg! We stayed at the airport hotel twice on one of our trips, coming and going and it was awesome getting up and walking to our early morning flight home. Great pic, made me miss Disney more.

Great trip report, awesome photo's and of course Porg because Porg! We stayed at the airport hotel twice on one of our trips, coming and going and it was awesome getting up and walking to our early morning flight home. Great pic, made me miss Disney more.
Thanks! I miss it too even though I was just there.

Whew! Still playing catch up so I just read through your entire report. I really enjoyed all of your pictures, you got some really nice ones.

I love reading about solo trips because it gives me ideas for mine. Your Edison lunch almost made me want to change from The Boathouse in August. But I haven't eaten at either so for now I'll keep The Boathouse and save Edison for a future trip. I also haven't tried Homecomin' yet but that is on the schedule for October.

I have to agree with your trip title, you see some weird things at WDW. I do tend to notice them more when I'm solo, guess I just do more people watching when I"m by myself. The worse one I saw was a dad letting his kid pee behind a garbage can in the Buzz Lightyear line. :crazy2:

I am so bummed that they discontinued that free tour out at Rafiki's. I really wanted to do that one with my family on our last day in October.

So jealous you got to meet Max! He's one I haven't manged to snag yet.

I know there was so much more I wanted to comment on but I guess that's what happens when you get months behind. I still need to go back and read your January TR. I love reading about longer races since I know I could never handle them physically. Oh, I did notice we will be missing each other by just a few days this fall. I'll be there Oct 20-27. I didn't realize the Wine and Dine 5K was the next week or I might have scheduled our trip a week later. But I am pretty sure I'm going to do that one in 2019. My goal is to do each of the WDW 5Ks once so I plan on hitting up one each year in 2019, 2020 and 2021. I'm not sure how much longer my ankle will tolerate the running but hopefully I can get three more years before I have to give it up.

Now I'm off to bookmark your January TR so I can read it tomorrow or Friday.

Whew! Still playing catch up so I just read through your entire report. I really enjoyed all of your pictures, you got some really nice ones.

I love reading about solo trips because it gives me ideas for mine. Your Edison lunch almost made me want to change from The Boathouse in August. But I haven't eaten at either so for now I'll keep The Boathouse and save Edison for a future trip. I also haven't tried Homecomin' yet but that is on the schedule for October.

I have to agree with your trip title, you see some weird things at WDW. I do tend to notice them more when I'm solo, guess I just do more people watching when I"m by myself. The worse one I saw was a dad letting his kid pee behind a garbage can in the Buzz Lightyear line. :crazy2:

I am so bummed that they discontinued that free tour out at Rafiki's. I really wanted to do that one with my family on our last day in October.

So jealous you got to meet Max! He's one I haven't manged to snag yet.

I know there was so much more I wanted to comment on but I guess that's what happens when you get months behind. I still need to go back and read your January TR. I love reading about longer races since I know I could never handle them physically. Oh, I did notice we will be missing each other by just a few days this fall. I'll be there Oct 20-27. I didn't realize the Wine and Dine 5K was the next week or I might have scheduled our trip a week later. But I am pretty sure I'm going to do that one in 2019. My goal is to do each of the WDW 5Ks once so I plan on hitting up one each year in 2019, 2020 and 2021. I'm not sure how much longer my ankle will tolerate the running but hopefully I can get three more years before I have to give it up.

Now I'm off to bookmark your January TR so I can read it tomorrow or Friday.
Wow thanks for reading!

The Boathouse is an excellent choice! I am going back there in November. Homecomin’ is a must do.

Things others do are way more noticeable when you are alone.

I am sad they stopped the free tours too. It was a really cool experience.

I’ve only ever done marathon weekend so I’m excited to try a different race. Bummer we will just miss each other but hopefully we overlap on another trip!

First of all, I know this is a late post but love your TRs Ryan!!

We were so bummed, because we had been given a lovely table right by the windows (right by the water feature), but almost immediately we were all set to ask to be moved. First because of the loud phone, then because we just didn't want to be around those people anymore after that confrontation (which happened within about 5 minutes of us being seated) - the mood was just incredibly tense! This trip was our babymoon, so we were excited for some nice, quiet meals together (sidenote: Citricos was one of them, best meal of the trip overall I think! No loud phones!). We were SO happy when we realized that the family was leaving!! :faint:

I do agree that this behavior seems to increase...really makes me think about what we'll do when our own kiddo comes along. :scratchin

Stop the presses! @Ariel484 BABYMOON?!? I was wondering why I hadn't seen you on the boards as much, of course I haven't been on them much over the past 5-6 months....anyway, Congrats!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter