Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Disney/universal videos for the chance to see some of the new things, but that's about as far as their videos go for me. I don't care what color they paint their kitchen, or that she's pregnant, etc. I think the fame is going to their heads.
You know I was kind of afraid to say that and kind of afraid to think it but I agree with you. I had heard that they are less than cordial to "fans" (I use the term lightly) when they are approached in the park etc. The price of fame is high and with that, comes the recognition. It would freak me out if strangers started sending me baby clothes or knowing where I live or my daily routines. I would rather watch Disney Food Blog(would not know AJ Wolfe if I fell over her) or of course Dis Unplugged (god I LOVE when Pete does a room review with the "white glove test" ie Grand Floridian). I want honesty not pandering to get more freebies and/or views. Clearly since Tim and Jen both just do You Tube it his very lucrative for them and that is how they make their living now but, I liked it better then they were more genuine and I think a little of that is starting to wash away.

I’ve seen their stuff and like the podcast crew I enjoy the free content and information. I wish the best for all involved but could never get emotionally invested to the point of speculating on missing team members or their personal lives. Only envious dorks give “thumbs down” to videos like theirs on YT. If you don’t like the free content, move on.....

I watch a lot of Disney vlogs on YouTube and I have tried to watch Tim Tracker a few times but I just can’t finish watching them. I usually stop watching after a couple minutes. Not sure why, but I just can’t get into watching him.

I’ve seen their stuff and like the podcast crew I enjoy the free content and information. I wish the best for all involved but could never get emotionally invested to the point of speculating on missing team members or their personal lives. Only envious dorks give “thumbs down” to videos like theirs on YT. If you don’t like the free content, move on.....
It is popular to say that negative comments are from the “bully who likes you” or because of jealousy etcetera

But I think this is not a good message to send. Sometimes people are mean just because they are jerks. Sometimes people are mean because you are genuinely an annoying person to them and you pissed them off. They don’t like you, they aren’t jealous of you, they just find you to be a clown. There is not always an ego-soothing reason. Accept that not everyone will like you, or them, or whatever, and move on.

I don’t enjoy them but the way some people went after the wife was just plain mean. Like others, if you don’t enjoy it; don’t watch it. Problem solved.

I started watching his videos recently and find them fairly entertaining. Then I did a little digging and discovered some message board where people were pretty vitrolic especially to his wife Jenn. I don't quite get it. I'm of the mindset if you don't like what you're watching, just stop watching.

I LOVE him and his wife. Had no idea about the trash board. Sad to hear that. Doesn't look like it affects them though. Tim is the ONLY youtuber I watch besides AJ from Disney Food Blog (her voice is SO soothing lol). I hope Tim and his wife keep on keeping on!

... Sometimes people are mean just because they are jerks. Sometimes people are mean because you are genuinely an annoying person to them and you pissed them off. They don’t like you, they aren’t jealous of you, they just find you to be a clown. ...

Then they need to follow Thumper's Rule:

But this thread is not about ruthless dictators such as Valdimir Putin or Kim Jong-un. We're talking about why we don't like unscrupulous YouTube vloggers.

I totally agree. But while I don’t enjoy them I’ve never found them unethical just too darn long winded. It’s still no reason for the vitriol leveled at them. You don’t have to enjoy or listen to them but the meanness is just gross anymore.

I totally agree. But while I don’t enjoy them I’ve never found them unethical just too darn long winded. It’s still no reason for the vitriol leveled at them. You don’t have to enjoy or listen to them but the meanness is just gross anymore.
It’s a good thing to call out people who lie online. Sometimes you have to go off-site to do it, but the truth always prevails.

I have no idea why people would be nasty to them.
I’ve started to go off their videos though personally, as it’s now regularly free stuff and I’m concerned about unconscious impartiality. Yes they disclose it which is good, but when you are having free cruises, Adventures by Disney, Margaritaville hotel stays etc always given to you for free, can you be totally impartial? Personally, I’d be thinking ‘I like this, don’t want to pee off X as I may not get another’.
Adam Hatton is probably the best one as he also has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the parks having been a cast member.

It's a free country and she can say whatever she wants. I have no idea where she stands politically, but it's never a good idea to mix politics and business. Unless you're OK with turning off half of your potential customer base.

But I agree. Whatever she said or whatever her stance is, doesn't mean people are justified in saying horrible things.

100% agree. She can totally say whatever she wants, but it's a different ballgame when it involves your livelihood that's based solely off social media and internet fans. Especially when it comes to something as wholesome as Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!