Are people trying to avoid Star Wars crowds?

Didn't change our plans as we don't go to WDW in December. But if we did, I would change to a different time. Considering going in April or May. Should be a littel less crowded then before the summer rush will start back up.

Stat Wars Galaxy Edge will almost certainly open mid to late December.
Fall lasts until 12/21. Winter does not start until the Winter Equinox on 12/21.
I think it may open on 12/21 or a week before, just in time for the holidays.
I go on 12/20, simply because I'm travelling from the UK in UK school vacation time.
Not sure if this will be a good or bad thing.
Ideal scenario, albeit I suspect we will be a week too late, will be a DVC preview 12/21! We can only dream.
I watch availibility very closely, I have an addiction to checking RAT for 1 beds. It's looking busier than usual at Xmas to me.

IMO Disney would of never changed the wording from LATE FALL to just FALL if they were planning on opening it that late.

Rumors floating around from people supposedly "in the know" is a November opening. Now that being said, is November a soft opening? Cast members only? AP members only? Previews only?...........................

Hard to imagine Disney going with an opening so close to Christmas. Would be chaos. But hey maybe they want chaos. As long as people there they are making money.

Hard to imagine Disney going with an opening so close to Christmas. Would be chaos. But hey maybe they want chaos. As long as people there they are making money.

There's marketing reasons to sync up something about the opening with the release of Episode IX (officially Friday Dec 20, but really Thursday Dec 19). If an "official" opening is in that timeframe though, I'd expect an earlier soft opening.

There's marketing reasons to sync up something about the opening with the release of Episode IX (officially Friday Dec 20, but really Thursday Dec 19). If an "official" opening is in that timeframe though, I'd expect an earlier soft opening.

I agree. I can see it opening in November for previews like they did for Pandora

IMO SWGE will make it super crowded for a year straight after opening. So we are going the first week of December because I,m not so sure January would be much better.

Exactly this.

The generation range for SWGE is really 25 and older. So kids off from school and holidays wont play a role in crowd levels. It will just be crowded ALL DAY, ALL MONTH, ALL YEAR or YEARS.

We are in the "I hope we can get in on a soft-opening or preview before it officially opens to the rest of the public" camp. :rotfl:

I don't quite understand why they would open right before Christmas, when the parks are already at peak capacity. I'd think it would make more sense to open earlier or after the holidays when they want to draw more people to the parks. I was originally planning a mid to late December getaway, just to experience the holiday festivities, but I was already concerned about crowds. I think we'll wait until next year!

We just booked for January 2020. If we make it HS then we do, if not we won't be broken up over it. It's just when things worked out for us with school and such. Perhaps with its craziness it will make the other parks seem not so crazy.

Avoiding! We're going this August and then not again until 2021, at least. We don't like crowds and don't really wait for rides.

We just booked for January 2020. If we make it HS then we do, if not we won't be broken up over it. It's just when things worked out for us with school and such. Perhaps with its craziness it will make the other parks seem not so crazy.

This is how I feel. We'll work around it.

Just to throw more fuel on the inferno that is estimating SW:GE opening, I went on a trip planning site and put in information for my planned trip in early mid december. They had the attractions for GE in the list of attractions to choose from. Do they know something? Probably not.. they're just estimating along with the rest of us.

I know DH is hoping for a preview or soft opening. Not me! I don’t think I have anything to worry about. We are going for Food and Wine in October.

My wife and I are hoping to miss the craziness of SWGE opening the week after Thanksgiving. We will be at Disneyland and explore the land there for a few days but then plan to avoid it in Hollywood Studios when we jump there for the conclusion of our trip. I hope the recent reports are true and that it opens earlier than the Nov/Dec timeline we were previously hearing.

Welll, it was annnounced today. Opening August 29! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter