Are POR and CSR as "spread out" as CBR?

onceuponadream

<font color=0000cc>Keeping fingers crossed<br><fon
We were thinking of staying at CSR or POR instead of ASMo this trip. CBR was a little too spread out for us. The 7 bus stops were also a little longer than we would have liked (dropping off to get home was long for the kids). We have stayed at POFQ and it was perfectly compact. Are CSR and POR similar in spaciousness? The scenery really is beautiful but we're mostly there to sleep, use the food court and swim. We had discounted CSR because we thought it was too far of a walk from the food court or pool to rooms. After researching POR I think it may be the same? Maybe we should stick with CR wing or WL? any help would be appreciated! thanks..

My vote is for the Wilderness Lodge. CSR and POR are both large resorts and have multiple bus stops. The CR wings are further than the tower, but the Wilderness has everything at your fingertips. Of course I love the Wilderness Lodge too!!:) Hope this helps!! :)

We stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings, and it is very spread out. If you want a nice moderate that is more compact, try PO French Quarter. It is very nice, with a themed pool and not a lot of walking distance, a smaller resort than the other moderates. We stayed there, too. I understand the other 2 moderates are spread.

thanks everyone!

Disneyfan79--how is the counter service at WL? Is there much variety? Also how is the pool and transportaion to the parks? Those reasonsare why we're hesitating to look there. Thanks for any help!

The counter service is fine in my opinion. Not as much a variety as All Stars, but we all found something we liked. The transportation is fine and if you are going to be there with kids, the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is great!!! I really don't think we waited over 10 to 15 minutes for a bus, but keep in mind that the WL does share with a couple of the monorail resorts, so it might take a little while to get to your destination so leave early. The pool is nice and they have a kiddie pool area, 2 hot tubs (1 warm, 1 hot), and you can also go to the villas to enjoy the quiet pool there and hot tub. Also if your traveling with kids they will like Whispering Canyon Cafe. Its a very interactive restaurant and can get kind of rowdy. When I was a young person, rowdy was GREAT!! haha:) Overall just the atmosphere of the lodge is very relaxing. Its a good get away after a long day in the parks or for an afternoon nap. We will be there for Christmas this year and I think it will be the coziest place in Disney. :) Hope this helps!!:)

Thanks so much DisneyFan79!!:D . My kids want to stay there and get the "bunk bed rooms".:D

We stayed at CSR in October. It is VERY spread out.......BUT, it is a wonderful resort!!
We enjoyed every single moment of our stay, and the multiple bus stops did not bother us at all.

Oh I forgot all about the bunk bed rooms there. haha Another reason why you should stay there. I hope you enjoy the WL. I know you will!!!:)

TooBoyz4Us--Were you able to use the pool at CSR? I was wondering what you thought of the slide (was it too fast?). Our kids will be 11, 8, 7 and 4. Also, how did you like the set up at the Pepper Market? What area did you stay in? Was the walk to the food court or pool really long? I don't mid walking but we are traveling with MIL and FIL who like to be "close". I really appreciate your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter