Are PS needed at Kona Cafe?

We've done breakfst there about 9 times now--never made PS and never more than 10 minute wait. Most of the time no wait at all. This about 8:15-8:30 in the morning---.
It can often LOOK crowded outside the restaurant, but many times these are folks standing around waiting to get into the character breakfast next door.

I want to go there for breakfast July 3rd(saturday) because its the day we move from AKL to the Dolphin. We'll be up early so I thought it would be the perfect place to go!

airhead

On my families last xmas trip we went here for breakfast on xmas day. For some reason we thought the PS was for 7:00 but it was for 7:30, so we were very early and there was no one there. We got in at 7:30 and left at 8:45 and the place still was'nt busy. So if on xmas morning you could get a table by walking up, I would assume you could almost any day with out waiting long.

The night before was my big V&A dinner, so I was a little out of it. I only had Kona Delight (seasonal melons with yogurt, honey and granola), but my mother had the tonga toast and said it was very good and almost could be considered a dessert seeing that it was so sweet.

But, you can probably get away with no PS. After my past xmas trip with a hundred PS, I am looking forward to making zero on my trip in Feb. They can become very restrictive. Have Fun

I've been to Kona Cafe many time, both for breakfast and lunch. I've always had a PS. There have been times, where there are only a handful of other people in the restaurant and they will seat people right away. I've also been there (this usually happens at dinner) that even though the restaurant doesn't look all that full, they refuse walk-ups or will give a time that's 30 - 45 minutes away. My guess is that there are a lot of PS's that are in their computer and can't give those tables away to walk-ups. This has also happened at breakfast, either turning people away, or long waits. I always have the mantra, if you know when/where you want to eat at WDW, make a PS. To the poster who's planning on eating at Kona on July 3rd, I'd recommend a PS. That's a holiday weekend, and unless you plan on getting to Kona at 7:30, a PS would make your wait effortless.

Edited to add: I usually go to WDW either during the 1st 2 weeks of July or Christmas break, nowadays.

This weekend is the WDW marathon, and so you should expect there to be more people at WDW this weekend. The marathon is actually on the 11th. If you know you want to go to Kona and you know you want to eat lunch around 1:00, why not just make a PS? I know I hesitate to make PS arrangements if I am not sure where or when we might be somewhere, but otherwise I figure if my schedule is fairly set I would rather make at PS and be assured I will be able to eat where I want, when I want.

I forgot about the marathon.

Some of the marathon-ers might just stay all week...so I think I'll play it safe with PS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter