Are PS needed?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hey All

We are going (myself, DW and DD6) to the WDW 20th-29th of January. I have made a PS for the princess breakfast at Epcot. We are not going to V&A's may make one for PS for another character meal. Are PS's really needed that time of year for NON Character meals that time of year?

Thanks in Advance Dave

They are nice because it puts you in front of anyone else who shows up without a PS! I would definitely make them, even if it's just the day before (or morning of) when you plan to go. :)

I guess that was what I was wondering, if it was likely that I could make PS just a day or two out nad still get a reasonable time for dinners.

Thanks again

I think it depends on which restaurants.

We just got back (11/8 - 11/14) and it was very slow. Many popular rides had waits of just 10 - 15 minutes.

We had ps's for Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree Tavern and tried to get an earlier ps the day before and were told both restaurants were completely sold out. We had a ps at Sci-Fi for 1pm and when we checked in they were telling people without a ps that there was a 1 hour wait (not bad if you plan for it!)

We did not have a ps for Le Cellier and were not able to get one (sold out.)

I don't think I would have had a problem at many of the other, less popular restaurants - particulalry if they are not character meals. If worst comes to worst you can always eat at counter service places. I also think it is fairly easy to eat a sit down meal at Epcot as long as you are flexible. We have eaten at Mexico, Germany and Italy with no ps on previous trips.

Is it remotely possible to get into the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot without a PS? My DD 16 and I really want to go, and I call Dining ressies everyday to no avail. Should we just be like Nike and "Just do it" or are we wasting our time?

Hoping for Princessesprincess:

If it is just the two of you, it can't hurt to try. Call the day before or even at 7am the morning of and see what they say.

IMHO it is better to have PS set up than not. You can certainly cancel the PS at anytime, but without one you may not get the meal/event and time that you were hoping for.
I have just booked my own PS's for my Feb trip. Luckily I am getting everything and the exact times I wanted.
::yes:: ::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter