Are some properties more difficult to rent out points from?

I can't comment to the point of renting as I have never been the one renting out, but there are always people looking to rent points. The only time when you might have trouble renting your points at WDW would be between Oct - Dec.

Don't count out VGC. I have been tracking what is available at the 7 months mark. Granted I only started this month, but i have been very surprised that there is availability, usually of the 1 or 2 BR units and occasionally the studios. they are high point rooms, but you might be able to score a 1BR at the 7 month mark. I am sure VGC has its busier time, just not sure when that is.
Nice that’s good info thanks. I think when I was looking at dvc app I saw some 1 bedroom, but it is a bit more for me I’m noticing. I might just rent out the points and then stay at the hojo in Anaheim if necessary and need a good pool etc lol I’d be interested to see what you find with the data :)

even if you buy resale IMO I would not buy a big contract (250) points. If you want to sell later it could be tough.

It might be worthwhile to take a look at Vero Beach and Hilton Head resale prices - non park DVC resorts don’t hold the resale appeal or value that onsite DVC resorts do.
I don’t know how often you visit Hawaii, but is Oahu your favorite island? Personally I prefer Kauai followed by Maui over Oahu. There are tons of Timeshare resorts in Hawaii, I’d at least check out other options before I committed to Aulani, although my brother recently stayed at Aulani and really liked the resort.

Actually? Reading this thread backwards :).....
It gives us a very GOOD indication of which DVC properties are Rental Traps :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter