Are strollers a pain

littlemel

Earning My Ears
I have a DD (8), another DD (6), and a DS (2). I was thinking of renting a double stroller for my DS and all of our stuff to ride in. We will have grandparents with us to help but my question is what do you do with the strollers while you are on the rides and are the strollers a pain in the neck? Would I do better with just a single stroller? Please help me with this small dilema. I know my DS will not handle walking all over the parks.:confused:

Strollers aren't nearly as much of a pain while you're in the parks. You have to be careful about people stopping in front of you so that you don't run over them, but there are places to put your stroller outside of each ride. You should, of course, resist the temptation to fill the extra space up because you'll have to carry everything in with you when you get on a ride.

If you have a double stroller that folds easily and is light and you know your 6yo (or 8yo) will spend some time in it, then I would recommend taking the double stroller. However, if you have a comfortable single stroller with a good basket to hold things in and you aren't sure the other seat in the double stroller will get used, I'd take the single. You'll have enough hands that if you have to rent another single stroller if the older kids get tired that it won't be hard to push.

IMHO, strollers are a pain ONLY on the buses. As Kermit says, the strollers that are available to rent in the parks are not a problem. It's good advice to limit the things you take with you into the parks - it's NOT a good idea to leave valuables unattended, even in WDW.

If you bring your own stroller, it will be somewhat of a pain on the bus, especially if the bus is crowded. You'll have to take all your things out of it and fold it up before you board the bus. You can usually just roll a stroller aboard the monorails or the boats, although some CMs may ask you to take the child out.

That said, if you expect your child will spend a lot of time in the stroller or be taking naps in it, it is well worth the "hassle" to bring your own. Deb Wills has quite a bit of info on the park strollers, including pictures. Here's a link:

http://wdwig.com/strol_faq.htm

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much for the replies. The info. was very helpful (especially the pictures). I think we will rent the double stroller at each park. I would not have thought about tying anything on the stroller for identification. I will also probably just leave diapers in the stroller while we are on the rides. I wasn't planning on leaving anything of value in the stroller. Can't wait to go! Only 2 1/2 weeks to go!

:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

In my opinion

A stroller is only a pain if you dont have one!!!! the kids get so tired by the end of the day that the
pain i would feel is my back....

The plastic double strollers at MK and Epcot are wonderful (and worth the $$$) My DD's are 4 and 8 and they used them the entire time! (Even my 8 yr old loved to relax every now and then)

The canvas jogging type offered at AK and MGM aren't as nice, but still a must have for younger kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter