Are the buses running early enough to get to Galaxy’s Edge?

elaine amj

DIS Veteran
We will be there over Christmas and my friends plan to attempt DHS on Dec 26. They know the crowds will be insane and are prepared to wale up very early. I am kinda expecting it to be similar to this opening weekend, with boarding groups filling up around the time of park opening. Since they will be traveling by Disney buses, is there any hope that the buses will run early enough to get them there before boarding groups are full for the day?

I am used to taking Disney buses early - but wondering how early? Then again, there are PPO ADRs right? That must start by 7:30/8am? So buses must start running at least by 7am if official opening is 9am?

We have experienced buses from resorts starting at about 6:30am in the past. However, like you, we are going to HS on Christmas Eve and will be taking the bus. Concerns me how early they are opening the park.

We have experienced buses from resorts starting at about 6:30am in the past. However, like you, we are going to HS on Christmas Eve and will be taking the bus. Concerns me how early they are opening the park.

Buses do start at 6:30 every day, but they may not be as frequent that early. Disney knows people will be trying to get there and they will be rolling the buses, just try to be on one of the first ones and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Buses do start at 6:30 every day, but they may not be as frequent that early. Disney knows people will be trying to get there and they will be rolling the buses, Just try to be on one of the first ones and you should be fine.

sounds like a good plan. Will tell them to be in line for buses by 6/6:15 or so. They may not be in the first wave but they have no problems with that. they will still be able to ride and then have fun in the rest of the park.

If parks open extra early, at 7 AM for example, buses start running an hour before opening.

FWIW, someone posted on reddit that a CM told them that the buses would start at the usual "one hour prior" time (along with saying that HS would open at 9) but they were able to take one to HS at 5 am today anyway. I'm staying at BLT in a few weeks so I'll be checking back here for updates to see if that continues. I was planning to take an Uber so it would be great if I could use the bus instead.

FWIW, someone posted on reddit that a CM told them that the buses would start at the usual "one hour prior" time (along with saying that HS would open at 9) but they were able to take one to HS at 5 am today anyway. I'm staying at BLT in a few weeks so I'll be checking back here for updates to see if that continues. I was planning to take an Uber so it would be great if I could use the bus instead.

a bus was running at 5am?! That would be pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!