Are the characters at the princess gatherings pretty random?

cadien

DIS Veteran
We have tickets for the Princess Gathering on our April 29 cruise. We don't generally watch any of their movies so I want to refresh everyone's memories beforehand. Looking at just photos online, there will probably be 5 princesses there but there are 7 or 8 possibilities. Are there patterns, like by ship, or should we just watch everything?

Thanks!

It's been a few years but last time my daughter did it on Dream, there was Belle, Snow White, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Tiana, Ariel and (not a princess) Tinkerbell.

You will get some combination of Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel, Snow White, Tiana. I have seen princess gatherings with 3, 4, and 5 princesses. It depends on the ship and who is onboard for that cruise. Due to the restaurant spaces, Tiana is almost sure to be available on the Wonder and Rapunzel on the Magic.

In June on the Dream, the Princess M&G had Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, and Tiana. Minnie was a separate line and wore her princess outfit. Peter Pan was roaming around, too. The Frozen M&G only had Anna; Olaf was on Castaway Cay.

We're not interested in Frozen so I don't have to fight for those tickets, but I can imagine that some fans would be pretty ticked to only get Anna.

In March, our Princess Gathering was Ariel, Belle, Cindy and Tiana. Ariel and Tiana were especially good.

At other points in the cruise, Tinkerbell and Sofia were also out. Minnie Mouse made an appearance in her princess dress one evening.

Anna and Elsa have their own M&G, which is pretty nice and has good backdrops. Olaf is on CC.

Magic Feb 2017 we had Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Belle.

Frozen was Anna, Elsa, AND Olaf.

Dream 16: I had Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel & Belle

Wonder 17: I had Tiana, Cinderella,Rapunzel & Ariel

Both cruises had Anna and Elsa at Frozen meet

The princesses will likely be the same for the entire contract of an entertainment team as the DCL entertainment (performers) come and go as a group. Face characters have very specific appearance specifications - and while there is SOME overlap in "If you can play X then you can play Y" there is not a lot of overlap. And some of them are much easier to match than others.

There is a possibility that the M&G Princesses *might* change when an entertainment team changes over, but no guarantees.

(I would imagine Snow White would be one of the hardest since her skin is supposed to be "white as snow" and I'd think it would be hard to keep someone pale enough on a route that goes to Castaway. It would stink to be told "Sorry, you can't go to Crew Beach and/or the island. We can't risk you getting tan.")

Back in 2016 on the Wonder, it was Belle (and she was so very awesome, mainly because she said that I looked like Gaston, which I chose to take as a compliment), Tiana, Ariel and Cinderella.

At Frozen, it was Anna, Elsa and Olaf. We were there for ages as no-one else seemed to show up for that photo session and they seemed a bit bored / disappointed. We eventually had to make a polite exit as we're not used to interacting with "face" characters (i.e. we'd never bother waiting in line to meet them in the parks) and couldn't think of things to say or do.

Well it's a bummer that it sounds like Aurora is unlikely, since she's my son's favorite, but that's still really helpful information. We're on the Magic.

Most face characters have some limitations on what other face characters they can play, for obvious reasons. Most of them double and triple into fur characters during the course of the cruise, as every face character trains in the fur suits before their "main" role anyway, and on a cruise, you need people to be doing multiple of everything.

(I would imagine Snow White would be one of the hardest since her skin is supposed to be "white as snow" and I'd think it would be hard to keep someone pale enough on a route that goes to Castaway. It would stink to be told "Sorry, you can't go to Crew Beach and/or the island. We can't risk you getting tan.")

When we met Snow White at Cinderella's Royal Table in WDW, she simply had a ton of white makeup. Her neck, chest, and arms were significantly less white than her face.

Just got off the Wonder yesterday. We had Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, and Tiana for the Princess Gathering.

In six cruises, we have always had Tiana and Cinderella. Belle is very likely, and lately you can count on Rapunzel on Magic.

I would think Rapunzel on Magic and Tiana on Wonder are given barring any backstage issues with their friends

For posterity, it ended up being Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, and Rapunzel. Ariel had at least one solo, unticketed appearance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts