Are the days of getting a short notice before a price increase gone?

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
It seems like with the last two price increases (multi day and AP) there was absolutely no notice

Normal prices went up. I've been watching prices. First notice 1 day both park plus express pass went from 249 to 264. Then notice 2 day pass went up ton

It’s a lot more difficult to check with the date based pricing. They could raise some dates and not others. I think it might show up more easily with the flexible date tickets, as those seem to have more standardized pricing. Has anyone checked those lately?

I think they would prefer not to give notice if possible. Just make sure you are familiar with third parties who may have inventory at the old rate, and if you are an AAA member, check there. I was able to renew my AP through AAA at the prior rate after the no-notice increase earlier this year, even though it was a few months before I could renew with Disney.

I would say yes. Probably one of the main goals to date-based pricing ----- they can raise prices on certain days and it wont get big viral headline news. Heck .. most people except travel agents would notice it.

I mean .. the hotel prices have been going up STEADILY for years yet that is never talked about because the hotel prices vary depending on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!