Are the parks crazy busy around Easter?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
My DD birthday fall this year the day after Easter, and we have been batting around the idea of a family vacation. So DH and I, DD and SIL and sweet little grandson ( will be 4 at the time we go).
So how busy is it? More just the weekend or like at WDW, super busy the week before and after.

We were at DL Easter weekend last year and were pleasantly surprised. No empty but not packed with people. We definitely made good use of FP and got to do everything we wanted.

Given that Easter is so late next year, I think most spring breaks will be over by then. I'd pick the week after for lower crowds.

As others have said it really depends on spring breaks. I went 5 or 6 years ago at Easter and said never again, but it was heavy spring break.

I have found the month of March to be very busy, especially if Easter falls in there. Easter is late April next year. I would think it would be less busy that week than when it falls in March.

There were many reports on Easter Day last year that the park was one of the emptiest anyone had seen in a long time. The days surrounding were still busy, though.

The surrounding school districts have switched up their spring breaks so that they are not all the week before or week of. Now spring breaks start in March and continue through April. With as late as Easter is I think most of the spring breaks should be done.

Easter is late in 2019, which I do think will help with the crowds. As others have said, Spring Breaks tend to be scattered throughout March and April. That being said, it seems like DLR is expecting the bulk of the Spring Break crowds to come the week before Easter because that's when there are the most AP blockouts (April 12/13 to April 21). LAUSD gets that week off (which I also think factors into when the blockout occurs). So there will probably be more crowds the week before Easter than the week afterwards. (On the flip side, it might mean longer hours and more entertainment the week before Easter.)

We went Easter week of 2017, which was also a pretty late Easter, and crowds really weren't bad at all.

We went the week before Easter in 2017 and it was very busy. We would have been better going the week OF Easter instead of the week before. It's so hard to judge how busy the parks will be!

OP here,

Thanks for all the input... Just trying to figure it all out, with my grandson with us it makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter