Are the sofa beds comfortable....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
At the Disney deluxe resorts? I'm thinking if I pay $4 to 500 a night for a deluxe resort, I want all my family to have BEDS! Unless the sofa beds are nice???

In November we stayed in a 1bdr at Kidani and gave my parents the bedroom so DH and I took the sofa bed and I would not call it comfortable. I believe you can request an egg crate topper for it, which should help, but it certainly wasn't as comfortable as a regular bed, and I was feeling it each morning.

At the Disney deluxe resorts? I'm thinking if I pay $4 to 500 a night for a deluxe resort, I want all my family to have BEDS! Unless the sofa beds are nice???
Any Disney resort pull out sofa beds I've ever used are pretty bad. You can feel the support bars under the skimpy mattress. Since it was just for me I found it much more comfortable to sleep on the sofa without pulling out the bed.

My son is 15 and is autistic- so very sensory sensitive and has slept on one at the POLY for up to 10 days and is currently sleeping on one at kidani. He said this one is comfortable.

Any Disney resort pull out sofa beds I've ever used are pretty bad. You can feel the support bars under the skimpy mattress. Since it was just for me I found it much more comfortable to sleep on the sofa without pulling out the bed.

The sleep sofas at the DVC Villas are a totally different design. Our adult DS has slept on one for a week and said it wasn't as comfortable as his bed, but it was fine. No rod across your back

My DS9 is fine on the pull-outs in the villas. I, however, was not comfortable at all. The daybeds in the regular deluxe rooms are quite comfortable, though, IMHO.

I slept on a pull out sofa bed at Saratoga Springs for one night in May and it was awful. The mattress was paper thin. I don't remember feeling rods across my back.. but it was definitely a huge upgrade when we moved to the BC. The beds at the BC are sooo comfortable!

We stayed at AllStar Music suite for one night. Slept on the sofa bed with the wife. It was terrible. You can request an extra mattress to put on top. This worked for us.

We stayed at OKW villa in May and my tall twin son stayed on the sofa pullout and said it was awful. Last two days my MIL came and stayed with us so I got moved into the living room and onto the little pullout chair. It was great! Loved it! I said something to the Tall son and he layed on it for a second and I thought I wasn't getting it back!

I can say the AoA Murphy beds are comfortable (for a double), which is the style they are adding to Pop.
Unfortunately, the murphy beds are totally different then the couch pull-outs, they have an actual mattress where as the pull-outs have a very thin mattress.
The time we had a pull-out, we did not find it very comfortable either. Okay for a couple of nights but that's about it:(

We've only experienced the ones at the BWI and the yacht club. I can't say an adult should ever sleep on one, but my kids happily took turns and one night even argued who would get the sofa bed. Weird, but no complaints from my 3 kids.

I can say the AoA Murphy beds are comfortable (for a double), which is the style they are adding to Pop.

The new ones at Pop are queens and are actually the exact same mattress as the stationary queen. Although a Murphy bed is usually more comfortable than a pull out couch since it doesn't have the bars and such like the pull out.

We stayed at AllStar Music suite for one night. Slept on the sofa bed with the wife. It was terrible. You can request an extra mattress to put on top. This worked for us.

I had the opposite experience. I shared one with my niece, and found it very comfortable. Maybe you had one that was more worn out? Glad they were able to make it more comfortable for you.

The new ones at Pop are queens and are actually the exact same mattress as the stationary queen. Although a Murphy bed is usually more comfortable than a pull out couch since it doesn't have the bars and such like the pull out.

The fold outs at the Music also do not have the bars running underneath them. The bars of the frame are what you have to watch out for.

Yeah, I've slept on many pullout sofa's at the Disney resort villas (Boulder Ridge, Animal Kingdom, Vero Beach), and the one's I slept on did not have the bar type frame. Not as comfortable as the beds, but where way better than the standard pullout sofa types with the bars and all.

My son, who is 6 ft 1in and weighs around 200 lbs, slept on a pull out at Beach Club villas, then at Animal Kingdom villas, for a total of a week. He was fine and had no complaints. Of course, he's 21 years old and can sleep almost anywhere, so YMMV.

We stayed for one night at Old Key West in a 1 bedroom over Labor Day. Our 9 year old son slept on the fold out couch and our 8 year old daughter slept on the fold out chair. Both said it was uncomfortable and were relieved we were only staying 1 night. I felt them both and it seemed like the chair bed was a bit harder. I couldn't have slept on either one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter