Are there any perks to booking your hotel through runDisney?

kirstie101

DIS Veteran
Hey all. I was just wondering if any of you have booked your hotels through runDisney for the West Coast races? And if you have, are there any advantages to going through them? For the offsite hotels they seem to have the same prices I'm finding online so I was just curious. TIA!

For onsite hotels, you just pay a deposit and you don't have to pay the balance until about a month before race weekend. Other than that, I haven't seen any difference.

For onsite hotels, you just pay a deposit and you don't have to pay the balance until about a month before race weekend. Other than that, I haven't seen any difference.
And for WDW hotels in general you get FP at 60 days out. For rundisney specifically there isn't much.

for my WDW race it was nightmare. Granted I'm pro at booking WDW trip am an AP holder and didn't need/want tixs

The rD discounts tend to be less than the public offers, so probably no advantage there. I don't think that DL uses FP+, do they? If they still use the paper FP system, no advantage there. I have not heard official confirmation that you could get insurance for your race registration fees. If that is a reality, it might be worth it since deferrals are no longer officially allowed for rD races.

The rD discounts tend to be less than the public offers, so probably no advantage there. I don't think that DL uses FP+, do they? If they still use the paper FP system, no advantage there. I have not heard official confirmation that you could get insurance for your race registration fees. If that is a reality, it might be worth it since deferrals are no longer officially allowed for rD races.
Paper FP at Disneyland.

I have booked twice for room only (once with dining plan and once a split stay) with an AP. You are able to get travel insurance which will cover your race entry. I'm pretty sure that they use the same discounts that are available to anyone (or AP holders) at the time that you book. So, if another discount comes out after you book, call back to get that one applied. I know I did this, and it seemed to work out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter