Are there any tour guides I can hire to help me tour Harry Potter World?

DrAndreaDoesDisney

Mouseketeer
I am a Disney freak and know every inch of Disney World like my own hand! However, I know nothing about Universal! I want to take my 7-year old daughter to Harry Potter World within the next few months, but I cannot bear to research it! Are there private guides I can hire to help me tour it? I know that Universal offers a VIP guide but the price was pretty astronomical. Any ideas? Thanks!

Stay onsite deluxe so you have early entrance to Wizarding World and unlimited express pass. Plan on at least 3 days in the parks. Get a park to park ticket (hopper). Get a map. Ride rides.

It’s not an intricate place. Have enough days so you can explore down that path, have the unlimited ep so you can have quicker lines, have early entrance for that extra hour, and be insiaote so you’re close. Everything else is simple.

The Orlando Informer website has some great itineraries for HP. It won’t take you long to read at all. That’s pretty much all the necessary research. I’d follow pp’s advice too.

Reactions: HM

I'm not aware of any guides.

Orlando Informer is going to be your best source for all things Harry Potter World. All the details, tips, and tricks.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but here's a plan I put together for another first time visitor who wanted a through Harry's eyes tour.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/harry-potter-world-as-through-harrys-eyes.3547781/#post-56478538

And here's a post discussing all the little known things to do in the two areas.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...hp-things-in-each-park.3554009/#post-56615631

Hopefully, this helps some.

There isn't much to explore in the HP sections - no need for a guide. 2-3 attractions in Hogsmeade, a restaurant, shops. 1 attraction in Diagon Alley, a restaurant, a few shops. Knockturn Alley - kind of scary for little kids, but nicely themed, IMO. Hogswart Express goes between the two areas.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/files/Documents/usf-park-map.pdf

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/files/Documents/ioa-park-map.pdf

Would definitely disagree there’s not much to do in the Potter sections.

You don’t need a guide, but there are lots of things to explore there without even trying..........

But, each to their own.

You don’t need a guide, but there are lots of things to explore there without even trying..........

But, each to their own.

Yes, I second your disagreement.

First time we went when it was only Hogsmeade before Diagon Alley opened, we spent 6 hours in Hogsmeade. We watched the shows, took pictures, played with the wands, ate lunch, toured the castle, explored the shops, bought wands, mailed post by owl mail, and of course rode the rides. You can definitely breeze through if you are there only for the rides, but there are a lot of small things to explore if you are really into HP. Every time we go I notice new details I haven't before.

But, each to their own.

Yes, I second your disagreement.

First time we went when it was only Hogsmeade before Diagon Alley opened, we spent 6 hours in Hogsmeade. We watched the shows, took pictures, played with the wands, ate lunch, toured the castle, explored the shops, bought wands, mailed post by owl mail, and of course rode the rides. You can definitely breeze through if you are there only for the rides, but there are a lot of small things to explore if you are really into HP. Every time we go I notice new details I haven't before.

I guess I need to explain - by 'explore' I mean to navigate the area. There's plenty of great stuff to see and do, but the areas are pretty small, the maps are clearly marked (except for Knockturn Alley :) ) I assumed the OP wanted a guide to navigate the area, not point out all the clever stuff. Part of the charm of the Harry Potter areas for us is that there are so many cool details to find on your own.

Ooh take me take me! I'll guide you! :). Actually I would also suggest doing as much research as you can on all the details like in Nighttowll's guides or googleing for various lists of "secrets" etc. Then YOU can be her guide and show her all the neat little details etc making it more of an "experience". This one of the only theme parks i know of where you can become "part" of the book/movie.

What films do you suggest is watched before we see the Wizarding World?

All of them. If you only watch the first one, you will enjoy everything, just beware that there are spoilers in the line for Escape from Gringotts that come much later in the storyline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter