Are there any tours to Hollywood where the buses come back in the late evening ?

felice

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are wishing to visit Hollywood (specifically, the Beverly Center / Farmer's Market / Holocaust Museum area) on the 14th of October whilst we are visiting Anaheim from the UK.

On that evening, there is a show being presented by a number of comedians close to the Beverly Center. We're hoping to be able to go to this as we know one or two of the comedians who are involved.

We're also aware that a lot of the tours tend to be daytime based; with the buses leaving the Walk of Fame area in the late afternoon / early evening. Are there any tour firms that you may know of which differ from this arrangement ?

Baseline is that we may well probably go in our hire car - but it would be interesting to know if anything else exists. I guess there may also be public transport via the ARTiC / train, but we'll probably be relying on timetables then.

Many thanks in advance.

ok deep breath, Im from Ireland and I use public transport every year in LA.

First off the actual distance between Anaheim / Disney and the Hollywood area is huge. Google maps is saying its 45 miles between Disney and Beverley Center.

Second public transport is no where near what we have in Europe. Also California and the LA general area is very carcentric. Most people who live in California own a car and drive. Therefore the public transport network is not very well though out or planned.

Honestly you would be far better renting a car, but you will need to do a ton of research. You are still going to end up possible driving 2 hours each way, as LA traffic is horrendous. Also the rules of the road are different in America compared to UK / Ireland.

I did the journey from Disney to Hollywood on public transport.

1. ART bus route 15 from Disneyland Transport Center to ARTIC train station
$3 and 20 minutes travel time
2. Pacific Surfliner train from ARTIC train station to Union Station
$18 and 1 hour travel time
3. Red Line Underground Metro train from Union Station to Hollywood and Highland Metro Station
approx 30 minutes travel time
4. Bus 217 from Hollywood and Highland Metro Station to Farmers Market / The Grove
Approx 30 minutes travel time

You will then need to get an Uber from Farmers Market / The Grove as Beverely Center is almost 2 miles up W 3rd Street from Farmers Market / The Grove

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter