Are there dedicated Dopey start corrals / release times?

Chrisizzle

Mouseketeer
From running the just the 10k last year, and just the Star Wars half-marathon, I know that later corrals can depart over an hour after the race 'start'. For example, people were finishing the 10k while we were still waiting to go.

I was curious if multi-race challenge participants are grouped together in a single corral near the top.

I know I'd appreciate not waiting 60-minutes for 4-days in a row in potentially very cold conditions.

No Dopey runners are spread throughout all of the corrals.

Boo!!!! Dislike....
o_O

Well, if the weather is anything like last year (or I heard the year before was even worse), I will need to perfect my pre-race, disposable wardrobe to keep from freezing. :P

Boo!!!! Dislike....
o_O

Well, if the weather is anything like last year (or I heard the year before was even worse), I will need to perfect my pre-race, disposable wardrobe to keep from freezing. :P
It’s all about PoT. You’re not going to put a a Dopey runner who runs a 7 hr marathon in corral B. Several Dopeys run their first marathon as part of it as well. Everyone is at different levels. The 5K and 10K are set up differently than the half and full too. It just wouldn’t make sense to have all the Dopeys corralled together.

It’s all about PoT. You’re not going to put a a Dopey runner who runs a 7 hr marathon in corral B. Several Dopeys run their first marathon as part of it as well. Everyone is at different levels. The 5K and 10K are set up differently than the half and full too. It just wouldn’t make sense to have all the Dopeys corralled together.

I understand the corrals place like runners together. I also know that there are exceptions. Like many events will put disabled participants, VIPs, or top fundraisers in earlier corrals.

In our case, it wouldn't be crazy to put the competitive runners in the first corral and then have the Dopey folk a couple corrals down, but before the single race masses.

Anyways, I have my answer and I will be sprinkled in with other people at my level.

If you really don't want to wait out in the weather, might I suggest renting a car, driving to the race, and waiting in your car until right before the race starts? I know people from these boards have done that and really appreciated not having to wait out in the random weather.

The 5K was insanely cold this year. The marathon just days later was very warm. Quite a few people were done in by the heat and I myself ran a couple of miles with an ice bag directly on my head to keep cool. The photos are quite funny, but they tell the story of the day. Be prepared for anything on marathon weekend. I needed both my cold weather running gear and my warm weather running gear.
Several Dopeys run their first marathon as part of it as well. Everyone is at different levels. The 5K and 10K are set up differently than the half and full too. It just wouldn’t make sense to have all the Dopeys corralled together.
I'm a first marathon as part of Dopey runner. And even if I hadn't undertaken that challenge, I'm sufficiently slow that many people ran the entire Dopey challenge in less time than it took me to run the marathon. The corral system makes complete sense.

Be prepared for anything on marathon weekend. I needed both my cold weather running gear and my warm weather running gear.

Ah, January.

2014 the 5k was pretty cold, the half was SO cold, the following day (my son did the Mickey mile) it was 80 by noon.

I'm a first marathon as part of Dopey runner. And even if I hadn't undertaken that challenge, I'm sufficiently slow that many people ran the entire Dopey challenge in less time than it took me to run the marathon. The corral system makes complete sense.

Agreed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!