Are there different speeds for Small World?

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
Not the song but the animontronics. The boat isn't different either. I swear they look like they are on super fast forward tonight. Some look like they are going to spin off their base. I don't remember noticing it like this before but could be just my memory too

Not the song but the animontronics. The boat isn't different either. I swear they look like they are on super fast forward tonight. Some look like they are going to spin off their base. I don't remember noticing it like this before but could be just my memory too

I suspect they're trying to creep people out even more than they already are by that ride ;) I actually don't find it creepy, but I know some people aren't big fans.
I didn't notice anything the past time I was riding, which was a week or so ago. But if I go this weekend, I'll have to ride and see.

No, I don't think they have different speeds...but depending on your level of fatigue when riding it, they can play tricks on your mind. Perhaps they should play "White Rabbit" in there.... :D

Last edited:

Not sure about the animatronics, but when we rode last Thursday night, the audio was about a second out of sync between the inner and outer “banks.” Very noticeable and disconcerting.

I swear they look like they are on super fast forward tonight. Some look like they are going to spin off their base.

I didn’t notice anything out of whack a couple of weeks ago. Your post brought a smile to my face as I visualized this happening. I just hope I don’t have nightmares about this!

Just don’t drink the water.

XMpfhIz1_400x400.jpg

To be honest it sounds like there may be an issue with one of the ride systems to make the animatronics speed up, hydraulics maybe? (I could just be talkin' out my behind on that lol)
I feel like only a certain section or two of the animatronics would be going haywire if it was a ride system though, but I don't know how that works in that specific ride lol

Just the thought of that is scary.
Now speeding up the boats, could be a good thing.
My nightmare is being stuck on Small World with the song going on and on and there is nothing you can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter