Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

Ugh, Cars. Hate it. Fell asleep in the theater twice. You knew exactly how the plot was going to go within the first 10 minutes. Sure, Disney tells stories we already know, but in a more beautiful and exciting way, usually. There weren't any even remotely endearing characters in cars to make it interesting, and I felt the cartoony cars just looked goofy, and it all fell flat for me. Will never bother seeing it again.

I can't really think of any others I even remotely dislike though! Though I haven't seen some of the newer, less publicized ones like Home on the Range, Brother Bear, etc.

I greatly dislike the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I don't know what it is about them, but they don't intrest me. The ride isn't my favorite, but I liked it better without the movie changes they did to it! They should leave Walt Disney's creations alone!!

I don't mind the first one but I could tell the studio was rushing through the 2nd and 3rd just for the $$$ and the movies suffered. I'm VERY skeptical about the 4th one, even with the new characters. Rarely are sequels better than the first.

Well, I don't really care for Bambi, Snow White, Dumbo, or Alice in Wonderland. Ditto for Brother Bear and Pocahontas. Ditto x 2 for all non-theater sequels other than Lilo and Stitch. And I'm sort of "meh" when it comes to Treasure Planet, Hercules, and Hunchback of Notre Dame. I haven't seen it, but my DH and children did not like Princess and the Frog at all.

Wow - I don't like very many of them, do I? I will say that my favorite classic Disney is probably Sleeping Beauty. I love the look of it, I love Maleficent, she's such a nasty villain, I love it.

When I was younger, I didn't like Alice in Wonderland... I found it to be too weird. I definitely appreciate it more now.

I still don't like Cars, Home on the Range, The Rescuers, or even Pinocchio. I love the idea of it, but it's not one of my favourites.

I don't know if I'd call it a "classic", but I can't stand The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. I *LOVE* The Lion King to death. I can quote it from beginning to end. But TLK2 just really upsets me. I was so disapointed with it.

sailorstitch

Anyway, as for the ones I don't like:

• Robin Hood - loved this one as a kid; watched it (for probably the second time ever in my life) as an adult when it came out on DVD and, er, couldn't get through the whole thing; it's no coincidence that this was produced during the Walt Disney Company's time spent wandering the wilderness
  • Cinderella - the film sure is gorgeous to look at, but the songs aren't the best in the Disney canon, and the mice are both insufferable and boring
  • The Fox and the Hound - the Walt Disney Company's first, disastrous, attempt to replicate the success and good will of Bambi (thankfully, they had better luck the second time they tried, when they made The Lion King); again it's all to clear that this was made during Disney's stint in the animation wilderness

There's actually quite a few Classic i haven't seen.

I didn't like Pirates of the Caribbean: At worlds End. Liked the second movie but thought the 3rd was Tosh.

Also recently saw Robin Hood for the 1st Time and didn't care for that much either.

The new Sorcerers Apprentice film is in the post to me as we speak (Blu-Ray) and im also slightly worried that i wont like it.

I never liked Cars that much. I've only watched it through the entire way once.

Not a fan of Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, or Dumbo. I haven't watched any of them since I was a kid so I may think differently now.

I strongly disliked.. UP & Lilo and Stitch!

Im shocked that soo many people disliked Cars, Ratatouille, and Mary Poppins!

i absolutely HATE can NOT stand bolt and meet the robinsons. sorry i just hate them. i also hate atlantis. i like most of the classics its the sequels to the classics i dont like. peter pan 2 return to neverland and the rescuers down under. i do not like them one bit.

Pretty much whenever Disney tries to do CG movies without Pixar. As far as classics go though, I'd have to say that I did not like Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty all that much. Sleeping Beauty had Maleficent, which I consider to be one of the greatest villians, but I consider the rest of the characters aside from the three good fairies to be super boring. I didn't like Cinderella as much because it was basically Snow White. Even Lady Tremaine was the same as the Evil Queen. What Cinderella made up for in the lack of dwarves however were the step sisters, the mice and Lucifer. I really liked Lucifer as a villian, probably because Tremaine was just a copy of the Evil Queen and the step sisters were comic relief.

I greatly dislike the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I don't know what it is about them, but they don't intrest me. The ride isn't my favorite, but I liked it better without the movie changes they did to it! They should leave Walt Disney's creations alone!!

On a simlar note the Haunted Mansion adatiption is just plain degrading to the orignal ride, please let the remake live up to it name.

HATE Lilo and Stitch, I don't get the appeal at all :confused3
Tarzan.
Also not a fan of Snow White or most of the Disney/Pixar movies.:duck: I didn't even bother with Ratatouille or The Incredibles. Didn't get the hype about Up either, and Wall-E was just plain weird, although beautiful in some parts. I've never seen Brother Bear or Home on the Range, they didn't appeal to me at all. I'm surprised by how many people on here don't like Cars, I thought that was a mega popular one, but I don't really like it either :rotfl:

However - i LOVE pocahontas, was surprised to see how many people didn't like that one either :)

I didn't care for Hunchback, Atlantis or Up. I also never really liked Pinocchio, I was creeped out by it when I was little and still am!

WOWWWW really shocked at some of these!!
A lot mentioned, I used to dislike, but now that i've been pretty much obsessing with Disney and I've rewatched them again, I'm becoming a fan.

An example of this would be...Snow White, Tarzan, and the Hunchback of Notre Dame....love those now!

As for the ones I still dislike (very strongly, I might add, because I LOVE the classic movies) are:
- The Rescuers (ughh, HATE)
- Alice in Wonderland (especially the cat...I'm terrified of it)
- The Sword in the Stone (awful, really)
and last, just as a shocker for everyone, im sure, is:
- The Lion King (everyone hates me for it, but i just cant stand to watch it, even know as I'm trying to watch all the movies under the animated features canon. It's not a bad movie, I just dont watch it. lol maybe because i watched it so much a child. no idea why)

I haven't seen any of the newer things (like Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, or Chicken Little) but i heard chicken little is just awful.

SO SHOCKED as someone hating the great mouse detective! Honestly, favorite movie (after Peter Pan and Robin Hood)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!