Are these rumors still active or potential?

Do you want Gran Fiesta Tour to be changed to Coco?

• Total voters
So as stated by @rteetz :
coco is on life support for now, key here isn't budget though per insiders, there is some other issue, no idea what that is. still it seems possible
Imagination is on again off again, per insiders I trust the EARLIEST if at all is 2025 or later and won't be Inside out.
Land is due for some upkeep potentially by the 50th of MK, but risky now with Fox acquisition maybe cutting budgets
Same for Sea.

Keep in mind, per many insiders they now have real understanding that EPCOT will be the lowest return once DHS gets Star wars GE. So they know work has to be done.

Some of what is confirmed you will see:
GotG in Energy - already started
Rat in France - already started
Space restaurant outside Space - land clearing has started
New night time show - maybe an interim show until new show is a go - earliest next year....
New Pavillion - rumored Brazil - not locked in yet
UK ride in UK Pavillion - IP still a ?? but Poppins is leading

Overall entrance and spine work in FW still on tables, but that too may get dialed down due to Fox deal.

Edit to add - there is a real shot at some type of attraction on WoL building as well

I didnt find Inside Out to be that great of a film. One and done film for me. Coco on the other hand was an excellent flick in my opinion. Well worthy of an attraction.

Coco better than Inside Out? I still haven't recovered from the blubbering mess/puddle of tears that I've become since seeing that scene with Bing Bong.

Coco better than Inside Out? I still haven't recovered from the blubbering mess/puddle of tears that I've become since seeing that scene with Bing Bong.

For me it was. I rate Coco up there with Frozen and Moana. I personally put Inside out with movies like Bolt. But I also wasn't a huge fan of Wreck it Ralph (gasp, I know..)

I loved Coco and think it would be great. I would be sad to lose Grand Fiesta Tour due to nostalgia though. That South American trip that Walt and some of his animators took is an important part of Disney history...(at least I feel that way)

Inside out does not have staying power worthy of its own ride. No real potential for a sequel, and not something people will be clamoring for more 5 or 10 years from now.

Coco was cool but I can't see Disney spending money on an overlay on a ride. There are just not any characters from the movie that I would consider all time classics like some of the other Pixar movies. Plus the Gran Fiesta Tour is a kind of blah boat ride with a small queue. If they tried to up the popularity, it would be a disaster for the Mexico pavilion with the current layout.

Inside out does not have staying power worthy of its own ride. No real potential for a sequel, and not something people will be clamoring for more 5 or 10 years from now.

Coco was cool but I can't see Disney spending money on an overlay on a ride. There are just not any characters from the movie that I would consider all time classics like some of the other Pixar movies. Plus the Gran Fiesta Tour is a kind of blah boat ride with a small queue. If they tried to up the popularity, it would be a disaster for the Mexico pavilion with the current layout.
I think the size of the queue could definitely be the real reason they are holding out on this overlay.

I do see both fitting into the respective pavilions, however, I doubt it will happen anytime soon. Disney has been adding Figment to lots of the EPCOT Merchandise, and it's clear they want him to stay, so unless they can find a way to combine figment and Inside Out, i say this is not very likely.
As far as Gran Fiesta Tour goes, let's say time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter