Are they really that busy?

kmacht

Mouseketeer
We decided that we are going to do a semi-last minute trip to Disney the first week of December. I normally stay at an off-site condo when we go but figured since this will be a shorter trip (4 nights) that maybe it would make sense to try staying on-site. I went to the disney website and put in the dates and there isn't a single hotel available except for a fort wilderness campground spot. I figured that maybe the values would be sold out but not a single room in even a moderate or deluxe. Are they really that busy or is something wrong with their website? I'm looking at the 6th through the 10th. The crowd calendars show crowd levels as average those days and from what I read, that week is supposed to be pretty calm since it is between the thanksgiving and Christmas rushes.

Keith

Try calling. The website has been glitchy for a week. There really might not be much availability, but I've found they're not always sold out, even if I can't book online.

It's pretty normal... their occupancy rates are SUPER high... I looked at some Jan/Feb dates and it's very sparse in places.

Hotel occupancy rates don't generally effect overall park attendance... the people that stay onsite are a drop in the bucket of everyone who visits the parks.

If you cannot find anything ,keep in mind many of the Disney springs hotels (that are very nice) offer on site amenities (60 day FP, etc).

There may be a lot of the cheer groups there at that time; that's when we usually go and we will see them occasionally. They don't spend all of their time at the parks but take up a lot of rooms. There may also be a number of convention groups, especially in the mods like CSR who won't do a lot of park time. So hotel occupancy won't necessarily translate into crowded parks. Touringplans is showing crowd levels of between 2-5 which has been my experience in the past for this time of year.

You may also be having problems because you're only going for 4 days...try adding days before/after and see if it comes up (it happens A LOT). If so, at least you'll know it's available and then you should be able to call and make the reservation although you may need a manager.

I am fairly certain that is when Pop Warner is at Disney, so room availability may be an issue due to that. I would either call and speak to a CM, or play with different dates if that is a possibility for you. Your dates are almost the exact dates that I went last December, and I booked through a group that had a block of rooms reserved at Pop for a special price, so that could be a factor as well.

We were literally looking at Dec 1-5 two days ago and had the same issue. The only thing we were willing to book was ASmovies which will probably be swarmed with Pop Warner folks. We ended up cancelling and are going somewhere else for vacation.

We were literally looking at Dec 1-5 two days ago and had the same issue. The only thing we were willing to book was ASmovies which will probably be swarmed with Pop Warner folks. We ended up cancelling and are going somewhere else for vacation.

The 2018 Pop Warner package is for All Star Sports only.

Early December is also the busiest week for DVC so you won't find much at any of the DVC resorts.

The 2018 Pop Warner package is for All Star Sports only.
Really, that is great then. I remember our trip in December, many years ago, I had to push it back one week because I found out they were going to be at POR that week and I wasn't having that. Best decision I made, resort was quiet and wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter