Are they still offering $10 a night for declining housekeeping

And it seems they are really "pushing" for it-they really tried to "convince" us today at check-in that opting out of Housekeeping would be the "way to go".:)
I got no pressure to participate. Info about the option was given, I turned it down, they said, ok, thank you

Is it a physical card that can be transferred to another gift card? Or just a stupid e-card thing that you have to show on your phone and can't transfer to a physical card?
I was told it would be an electronic gift card sent via email

I was told it would be an electronic gift card sent via email

So annoying. It wouldn't be so bad if e-gift cards could be transferred onto existing real gift cards - it would be easier for everyone.

Why would anyone do that? It's the best part of a vacation!

There have been multiple threads on this since they started it in the summer! There are many of us who always declined housekeeping by keeping the Do Not Disturb sign on the door the whole trip (which I understand we can't do anymore). I don't like people in my room, I can leave everything laying around without fear of things being stolen or need to clean up for housekeeping. I don't need fresh sheets or towels everyday (I feel it is very wasteful!) My trips are usually 3-5 days. I don't have small children, I don't make much trash. It may be the best part of your vacation, but certainly not mine!

At POFQ, we were told to bag up our garbage and stick it in the larger trash cans on the paths. I assume they figure that enough people will be doing it at different times that it won't fill up too quickly (plus those cans are larger than they appear). I think that's better than leaving garbage outside the room.

Our main issue with this plan was sheets. We realized pretty quickly that with no housekeeping, the beds are the first thing to start to get messy. Since the rooms aren't that large, we often just sit on the beds, but you don't want to sit on the part of the sheets you sleep on after you've been out and about all day in the parks. Even making the beds gets a bit messy after a few days because the sheets aren't designed to hug the mattress as well as ones at home, likely for easier making/taking off for the staff. We also had a bit of a spill of a colored beverage around Day 5 that kept us with a nice spot on the sheets for the remaining nights. So I do wish that there was an option to have a mid-stay refresh, at least!

I would do it if we were staying for up to 3 nights but for a longer stay, I prefer to have daily housekeeping.

We also had a bit of a spill of a colored beverage around Day 5 that kept us with a nice spot on the sheets for the remaining nights. So I do wish that there was an option to have a mid-stay refresh, at least!
I imagine guests could get fresh sheets mid-stay. it might take one day off the gift card and/or guests might need to do it themselves, but I'm sure the resort can provide fresh sheets. Like I said earlier in this thread, I am certain I am not the only parent whose child has gotten sick at a Disney resort. We hadn't opted out of housekeeping when it happened, but we called and fresh sheets were delivered and put onto the bed right away. Maybe if we had opted out, the fresh sheets would have been left for us to do ourselves. I'm sure the resorts can provide clean sheets when they are needed, though.

I imagine guests could get fresh sheets mid-stay. it might take one day off the gift card and/or guests might need to do it themselves, but I'm sure the resort can provide fresh sheets. Like I said earlier in this thread, I am certain I am not the only parent whose child has gotten sick at a Disney resort. We hadn't opted out of housekeeping when it happened, but we called and fresh sheets were delivered and put onto the bed right away. Maybe if we had opted out, the fresh sheets would have been left for us to do ourselves. I'm sure the resorts can provide clean sheets when they are needed, though.

I'm sure if we had asked, we would have gotten some but it had dried and it really wasn't an issue so much as just looked odd. The general point of it being no housekeeping regardless of length of stay remains though. I'd have gladly taken a slightly less amount to know that at the mid-point of the stay, they come freshen things up a little. Other than the sheets, we had no issues with the plan as far as garbage, tp, towels, etc. go.

If you need clean sheets after opting out of housekeeping, they will be delivered to you, but you need to make your own bed.

At POFQ, we were told to bag up our garbage and stick it in the larger trash cans on the paths. I assume they figure that enough people will be doing it at different times that it won't fill up too quickly (plus those cans are larger than they appear). I think that's better than leaving garbage outside the room.

It's good to know you were told to dispose of the garbage yourself. I wish they would tell everyone to do that.

You can get clean sheets anytime......everyday if you want. Just call and request them. You just need to strip the beds, and make the bed yourself. If your bed is stripped when they arrive with your clean sheets, they will happily take your used sheets. Requesting clean sheets will not affect your gift card.

Pop Century switched from the normal "Do Not Disturb" to the Peter Pan "Room Occupied" while we were there. I believe it happened on Thursday Jan 11.
We did online check in and nobody called us about no housekeeping. I had forgotten about it until I just saw this thread, or I would have gone to the front desk and asked. My husband would have liked some extra money to eat at the Festival of the Arts with, although his waistline is probably happy he had a budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter