Are touring plans questions allowed?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I usually make my own touring plans. I told a friend I would help them out, but I’m running short on time. I’m debating spending the $16 to have a system do it for me, but ugh. Can I ask if this is how it works? I give my fast pass times, dining reservation, and what park I’m in on what day and it spits out an optimized touring plan? Is it that easy? Is there a delayed turnaround time or is it pretty instant? Thank you!

Touring plans is a subscription service that includes many things besides actual "Touring Plans". The subscription is for a year (or more if you choose) As for plans, they have pre-prepared plans you can modify or customize your own. It is kind of like you described. You select your date and park. Then, add the rides and fastpass times. Choose walking speed and whether to minimize walking vs waiting. Select the FP rides and the other attractions you would like to experience then proceed to meals and breaks. Enter those and optimize. It will take several seconds to a minute or so. Start tweaking the optimized plan to your liking and hit evaluate. Resolve any conflicts if you have any and evaluate again if needed.

I usually make my own touring plans. I told a friend I would help them out, but I’m running short on time. I’m debating spending the $16 to have a system do it for me, but ugh. Can I ask if this is how it works? I give my fast pass times, dining reservation, and what park I’m in on what day and it spits out an optimized touring plan? Is it that easy? Is there a delayed turnaround time or is it pretty instant? Thank you!

I will do it for $15

I'm never super happy with the touring plans that get generated.

My preferred method is to take the cheat sheets from easywdw.com, take out the things I don't want to do, and that's my touring plan. It takes about 5 minutes, tops

I agree, while Touring Plans is certainly a great system, I've never liked the optimized plans they generate for me personally. While I understand that some crisscrossing is necessary to make the most of a park day, I think they criss cross a little too much.

You don't need to pay to generate a personalized touring plan. It can be a little difficult to find, but there is a way to create a free account on their site.

for us that $16?i is priceless , you spend so much on a trip ..

I used Touring plans my last trip. From my observation, I wasn’t overly thrilled with the initial plan we got because it really didn’t give a lot of flexibility to utilize extra Fastpasses, and my son uses DAS, however, where I did get a lot of use out if it was, o checked off rides as we did them, and periodically I’d have it update the plan while we were there and things would change based of very current wait times. I also keep mine on the setting for least amount of walking. We never had a day where we didn’t get to ride everything we planned on.

for us that $16?i is priceless , you spend so much on a trip ..
Totally. If we had a trip within a year I wouldn't mind, but this isn't even for me. It's for a friend and sadly we just got back with no future trips on the horizon. I think I'm just going to buckle down and make one on my own.

I subscribe to Touring Plans every year. Buy the Unofficial Guide and it's cheaper. There is a lot to their site other than touring plans. I use it mostly for crowd calendars and their app. While at Disney, the Lines app is always more accurate about wait times & down rides than MDE.

TP could help you do it quickly. Just pump in the attractions you think they'll not want to miss and crank up the 'slow walker' and 'less walking/more waiting' options. Take a look at what the program advises, then add meals in times/vicinity that make sense as well as 2nd priority rides to fill in time/vicinity gaps.

Our renewal is coming Jan 19 and costs less than $12. The Crowd Calendar is meh, but overall between Resort viewer, ADR finder, the layout to make plans with notations and the ability to reference them years later, it's worth it for us.

But easiest probably is following EasyWDW's already made plans. If you think more tailoring for this family is necessary, then TP.

Maybe I should be charging after all... my friends texted me asking what Disney restaurants were good. I said give me until tomorrow. Was up until 1.30am creating a food and drink guide pdf with pictures and 'eat this not that' 😂😂😂

They didn't even end up going! But my guide is still gold......

There is probably more people on these Forums that are more willingly and more knowledgeable to help you for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!