Are Towel Animals still in Resorts Rooms?

We got them in 2016 and 2017 at The Contemporary. They also set up our girls stuffed animals like they were having a party once and another time the animals were all watching TV when we came back. Maybe the mousekeepers did it because we tipped every day, not sure. It did make the trips more special.

I think we had a mickey head back in the december trip....but when we came back to the room one evening mickey and minnie were watching tv

We hadn't had any since 2015 at AK, with over 10 resorts stays in between (though some put our kid's stuffed animals in various amusing positions and locations, like hot-tubbing or watching TV), but in April at WL we had an old school towel animal every day. It was a nice surprise, though it was an adults only trip so my kids weren't even there to enjoy!

Just got back last week from a 5 night stay at POFQ. Towel animals greeted us on arrival and we had them 3 out of the 5 nights we were there. They were so cute, but I didn't take them. Years ago when my daughter was younger we did take them, but I am trying to limit the stuff I have in my house as I get older.View attachment 325329

So Cute!

Just got back last week from a 5 night stay at POFQ. Towel animals greeted us on arrival and we had them 3 out of the 5 nights we were there. They were so cute, but I didn't take them. Years ago when my daughter was younger we did take them, but I am trying to limit the stuff I have in my house as I get older.View attachment 325329

I get trying to cut down on stuff. But, that owl is super cute! He would have been coming home with me!

It looks as they are still being done at Deluxe and not at Value resorts.

Last edited:
We just returned from AKL and there was a former MouseKeeper (now janitorial) who was making them in the lobby. He stated that the mousekeepers now don't want to take the time to learn how to make them. He was amazing to watch and we came home with an elephant and peacock. It's great to hear that other resorts and teaching what is almost a lost art.

Hopefully we get towel animals a few times. Our boys really looked forward to them when they were younger on cruises. Such a quick and easy way to put a smile on the kids faces at the end of a great day!

We’ve never received towel animals but my boys loved coming back to the hotel each night to see what mouskeeping did with their stuffed animals! Super cute and love that they take the time to do things like this.

We had a cute little elephant at Animal Kingdom in March. Just one elephant just one time. We loved him so much that we adopted him & took him home!

Yes, we have had a few tiny ones over the years that my kids also took home :earsboy::earsgirl:

Well,judging by these many recent reports,it looks like Towel Animals may be making somewhat of a comeback!:)

Hope so! :D

We usually have one or 2 each trip - every morning I leave $10. tip in a cute mousekeeping envelope, it's always such a nice surprise to come back to the room to see them! I'm sure it's been hard for the housekeepers to make them as I've read that over the years they have to clean more #'s of rooms, so I'm always appreciative when we get one :stitch:

Seriously,. Mickey heads are not considered towel animals. They are done with standard towels. They take zero training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter