Are "walk ins" possible at Il Mulino at the Swan? Other walk in suggestions?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
Our plane lands around 5pm and we are taking DME to the Boardwalk Inn. I don't want to make a reservation anywhere that first night since you never know what kind of unexpected delays could happen.

I see that Il Mulino (and the other Swan/Dolphin restaurants) appears to be open until 11 pm. What do you think the chances of a walk in would be around 8-9 pm?
This would be on November 30, a Friday night, if that makes a difference.

If you think it's pretty unlikely, any other suggestions for something in the Boardwalk area that would have a better chance of Walk in?
Thanks!

Make a reservation on OpenTable rather than on Disney's website. You can cancel at any time without penalty. This advice applies to many of the Disney Springs restaurants as well, including Morimoto Asia, Raglan Road, The Boathouse and Frontera Cocina. Since we generally prefer the third-party locations to the Disney-owned ones, we make many of our reservations on OpenTable, stress-free.

Not sure how many Disney restaurants are on Open Table. Big River on the Boardwalk used to be, not sure if it still is.

If you aren't opposed to it, the lounge/bar area is usually open and you can still order from the full menu. My husband and I actually prefer to eat dinner there because it's a little less stuffy and we can be a bit more leisurely. There is also live music sometimes on the weekend (can't remember if it's Friday or Saturday) so it makes for a nice atmosphere. Enjoy!

I'd go with the walk in plan. Keep in mind that you can also eat at the bar there. They have a bar menu and also allow you to order anything off the main restaurant menu.

Make a reservation on OpenTable rather than on Disney's website. You can cancel at any time without penalty. This advice applies to many of the Disney Springs restaurants as well, including Morimoto Asia, Raglan Road, The Boathouse and Frontera Cocina. Since we generally prefer the third-party locations to the Disney-owned ones, we make many of our reservations on OpenTable, stress-free.

Definitely this! Check opentable before walking over. You can even call them directly to see if they have availability. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is also on opentable if that is of any interest to you. You could also check the MDE app to see if Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk has same-day openings. Il Mulino can get crowded if there is a convention crowd, so definitely worth checking to see if there is availability before you walk over.

Kimonos in the Swan can be a good option if you like sushi. I've been there a couple times without reservations and been able to get a table quickly. I'm not 100& sure, but they may not take reservations at all.

We have eaten at il Mulino and loved it! Even at 6pm, they were not full.
I would still try and get an ADR there, but would not worry about trying a walk-in.
Great food! We will be going back again!

Not sure how many Disney restaurants are on Open Table. Big River on the Boardwalk used to be, not sure if it still is.

A good many of WDW resort restaurants are on Open Table. Places like Sanaa, Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave, Flying Fish, etc are all on there.

I don't think you will have any trouble doing a "walk in" at Il Mulino at that time. It may even be easier than during the week, since there is less likely to be a convention crowd there on a Friday night. But, as others have said, if that doesn't work, you can always eat at the bar.

I think out of the 5 or 6 times we have eaten there we only made a reservation once. Its been a while but i know you used to be able to eat outside too in the court yard area. if the weather is cooperative when you go, it really is nice eating out there.

I was able to book an Il Mulino dinner ADR on short notice the week after Easter. It was either the day before or the day of. Once you get to Boardwalk I would definitely check the app and see what is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts