Are we crazy? A first-timer's Disneymoon!!

Last night, I was so anxious about the fast passes I actually felt nauseous. So not normal!

giphy.gif

So this morning at 6:45am, through sleepy eyes, I jumped on the laptop, very stressed that something would go wrong and I wouldn't be able to book anything. Such a drama queen. So at 7 on the dot, I refreshed the fast pass page and got to work and you guys, I got EVERYTHING I wanted!! I even got most of them at basically the time I wanted. The only one that was outside the time frame I was planning was FOP on our second day but I am so okay with that because I wasn't even really expecting to get it on that day! I changed a couple of other things last minute but that had nothing to do with availability, I just changed my mind. I can't believe how smoothly and quickly it all went.

giphy.gif

So here's the list!

Day 1:
9:50 - Spaceship Earth
11:15 - The Seas with Nemo and Friends
12:15 - Soarin'

Day 2:
9:20 - Expedition Everest
12:20 - Kilimanjaro Safari
5:05 - Flight of Passage

Day 3:
9:50 - Mission Space
11:05 - Spaceship Earth
1:20 - Frozen Ever After

Day 4:
9:35 - SDMT
10:55 - Peter Pan
12:05 - Big Thunder

Day 5:
10 - Slinky Dog Dash
11:15 - Star Tours
1: Frozen Sing along

Day 6:
9:35 - SDMT
10.40 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
11:40 - Splash Mountain

Day 7:
9:10 - Expedition Everest
10:20 - Flight of Passage
11:55 - Dinosaur

I know we're missing some of the bigger rides but I am a big wimp and have no interest in Rock n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. I am also terrified of Everest but I really want to ride it...we'll see!

I'm so relieved that I got everything and now I feel like I can get a clearer idea of our touring plans for each day. Of course now I'll be spending all my time on Touring plans, moving things around and trying to make a definitive plan!

Let me know your thoughts and if you think I should switch anything or make any changes!

Yay!!!

They look good to me! I like to book mine back to back, so that I'm done with the third one on the early side and can get more fastpasses--it's usually pretty easy to get 4th and 5th fastpasses (and so on) as a party of two, especially at the Magic Kingdom. And you've done that, so definitely take advantage of extra fastpasses same day! :)

Yay!!!

They look good to me! I like to book mine back to back, so that I'm done with the third one on the early side and can get more fastpasses--it's usually pretty easy to get 4th and 5th fastpasses (and so on) as a party of two, especially at the Magic Kingdom. And you've done that, so definitely take advantage of extra fastpasses same day! :)

Yes that's exactly the plan! Hopefully we have good luck!

Hi there, I'm here following along :) Just reading over your FastPass selections, and am loving your Day 6: Enchanted Tales with Belle. We loved that one soooo much last August, we did it twice. Such a fun experience! I know you will love it too!! Can't wait to hear more planning.

Oh how fun! My DH and I Disneymooned 9 years ago - and stayed at POP. We love it there.
We did a kid-free trip last September - started with a 3-night Disney cruise on the Dream followed by a week at WDW. In hindsight, I'd do it the other way around and use the cruise to relax after WDW. I think you will enjoy your downtime-week in Jamaica. :)

Hi there, I'm here following along :) Just reading over your FastPass selections, and am loving your Day 6: Enchanted Tales with Belle. We loved that one soooo much last August, we did it twice. Such a fun experience! I know you will love it too!! Can't wait to hear more planning.

Hi! Welcome!

I'm excited about Enchanted Tales with Belle! Beauty and the beast is my absolute fave and I'm secretly hoping that my 6'5 soon to be husband will be chosen for an embarrassing role. He'll hate it! Haha! :tongue:

Oh how fun! My DH and I Disneymooned 9 years ago - and stayed at POP. We love it there.
We did a kid-free trip last September - started with a 3-night Disney cruise on the Dream followed by a week at WDW. In hindsight, I'd do it the other way around and use the cruise to relax after WDW. I think you will enjoy your downtime-week in Jamaica. :)

Hi!

Yes, that was exactly our thinking. We'll have the busy week at Disney and then spend a week in Jamaica doing absolutely nothing - can't wait!

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here very much. Partly because now that everything is booked, there isn't much left to plan and partly because I'm really starting to feel some wedding planning stress and realizing that everything that I've been putting off actually needs to get done!

To add to my stress, A's family is coming from Europe for a week before the wedding and they have said that the only thing they really, really want to do is Niagara Falls. So...5 days before the wedding we are doing the 7 hour drive to Niagara and staying there a night before doing the 5.5 hour drive to my hometown to prepare for the wedding. I'm trying to go with the flow but that trip was so not in the plan! I feel like I have so much to do and I have no free weekends at all until they arrive. Trying to stay calm. I know it will be really nice when they're here but it's just a lot.

And because hosting family for two weeks, planning a wedding and a trip to Disney weren't enough, I also accepted a new job today.

giphy.gif

It's very bittersweet because I love my current job but I'm very underpaid. I'm so comfortable there and I love my colleagues but I don't want to stay there for years just because I'm comfortable, especially when I'm not being paid properly for the work I'm doing. Working for a big company in a declining industry sucks! The new job is a similar-ish position (kind of) in a totally different industry and is definitely going to be a new challenge. I kind of feel like I'm jumping in feet first and I'm really hoping I'm making the right decision. I figure If I can't make big career moves in my 20s, then when can I?!

I'm not starting the new job until after the wedding/honeymoon and I was planning on taking a month off for the wedding anyway, so I still have a month at my current job, then a month off and then I start the new job the week we get back. I'm trying not to think about it so that I don't let nerves about it ruin the honeymoon.

Anyway, that's my non-disney related update. I'll come back and do some updated daily plans! I can't believe it's all coming so quickly!

To add to my stress, A's family is coming from Europe for a week before the wedding and they have said that the only thing they really, really want to do is Niagara Falls. So...5 days before the wedding we are doing the 7 hour drive to Niagara and staying there a night before doing the 5.5 hour drive to my hometown to prepare for the wedding. I'm trying to go with the flow but that trip was so not in the plan! I feel like I have so much to do and I have no free weekends at all until they arrive. Trying to stay calm. I know it will be really nice when they're here but it's just a lot.
Ooooh, I'm sorry--extra stress is so not what you need right then! Even if the trip is wonderful, it's just something else to plan and coordinate and....I'm feel for you!

And because hosting family for two weeks, planning a wedding and a trip to Disney weren't enough, I also accepted a new job today.
Meh, nothing too big/stressful! But still, exciting! :)

I'm not starting the new job until after the wedding/honeymoon and I was planning on taking a month off for the wedding anyway, so I still have a month at my current job, then a month off and then I start the new job the week we get back. I'm trying not to think about it so that I don't let nerves about it ruin the honeymoon.
Ooh, that's good planning--having that month off. I'm sure your new job will be great, so focus on the wedding and the fun of the honeymoon :)

Ooooh, I'm sorry--extra stress is so not what you need right then! Even if the trip is wonderful, it's just something else to plan and coordinate and....I'm feel for you!

Meh, nothing too big/stressful! But still, exciting! :)

Ooh, that's good planning--having that month off. I'm sure your new job will be great, so focus on the wedding and the fun of the honeymoon :)

I'm trying to just go with the flow and trust that it will all go smoothly! I'm definitely looking forward to that month off!!

Hello!

Do you remember me?

It's been over a month since I last posted. It has totally been on the back of my mind that I should update this but life just got in the way!

This was the kind of big thing that happened on Saturday which has taken over my life in a major way for the last month!

42846174_10155760446724212_1534287907269902336_n.jpg

I don't have any professional photos back yet but the above was taken by my Dad!
We had the most perfect day. It's hard to even put into words how well it went. Every single element was perfect, the ceremony was lovely, the food was delish and we danced until past 2am! We only had about 60 guests so I had been worried that it might be quiet but the dance floor was packed all night and we just had an amazing time.

Rewinding a bit, Andrei's dad and family arrived from Europe on Sep 21 so we have been entertaining them and doing lots of touristy things before and after the wedding. In fact, we just got back from a night in Niagara Falls and I have 2 days at home to do laundry and pack because we leave for our honeymoon on Friday morning!! I am exhausted.

I'm getting so excited but to be perfectly honest I haven't done any disney planning or even really thought about it for the last three weeks, I've just been too preoccupied. Thank God everything was planned so much in advance! I will leave this pre-trip report here but I fully intend on writing a trip report once we come back. In fact, I wanted to ask you guys - how do you keep notes to write detailed trip reports while you're at the parks? Should I take notes on my phone or keep a notebook? Lol I just realized I haven't thought about the practicalities of keeping notes for the report!

I will see you all in a couple of weeks when we're back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!