• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are We Eating at Be Our Guest AGAIN??" An October/MNSSHP/Food and Wine Pre-Trip Report!

bradiblue27

"Have a magical day, princess!"
IMG_0310_zpstmgv2czp.jpg

The very same inspiration for my PTR's name!

Hi and welcome to my very first Pre-Trip Report! My name is Brianna and I've been planning this trip for a few weeks now and decided to keep a running log of what's happening in the world of planning my very first ON-SITE Disney Stay!

First things first, let's get into the 5 W's: Who, What, When, Where and Why!

Who:

IMG_2150_zpsn5w7n9zk.jpg

Name:Brianna
Fave Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia 2000
Fave Pixar Movie: Up
Fave Character: Donald Duck and Beast (Can you tell from my picture?)
Fave Princess: Belle and Tiana
Fave Ride: Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Everest
Fave Park: Magic Kingdom (Epcot a VERY close second)
Fave Villain: Dr. Facilier
Fave Restaurant: Be Our Guest
Fave Song: Ma Belle Evangeline and Strangers Like Me

I'm a 21 year old college student and Annual Pass Holder. I used to attend the University of Tampa, but came back home to finish my studies after getting sick. I've been to both Disneyland and Disney World before I moved to Florida, but being so close to Disney World is what made me decide to become an Annual Pass Holder. You can usually find me throwing my sorority's symbols in front of the four park landmarks, whispering all the secrets and unknown facts about the Haunted Mansion to whomever is sharing my DoomBuggy and getting laughed at for screaming too loud on the thrill rides.
609b8e86-8899-4560-b524-ae09ba3b0354_zpsbp4c8hla.jpg

Name: Nick
Fave Disney Movie: Lion King and Hercules
Fave Pixar Movie: Finding Nemo and Toy Story
Fave Character: The Genie and Goofy
Fave Princess: Mulan
Fave Ride: RnR, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
Fave Park: Animal Kingdom
Fave Villain: Hades
Fave Restaurant: Kona
Fave Song: I'll Make a Man Out of You, Hakuna Matata, and Love is an Open Door (which we sing together in the car:love:)

Nick is 20 right now, but will be 21 by the time our trip comes around (and yes, he is SO excited to try out all the different beers and drinks that will be offered). He currently attends University of Tampa and that gives me a reason to visit him and go to Disney World at least twice a year, thus the need for Annual Passes. He loves Disney ALMOST as much as me and often puts up with my obsession, even though he likes it too. His mom has won two all expenses paid trips to Disney World in the past and thus he has stayed in resorts (Wilderness Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort) and tried much nicer restaurants than I have! He can usually be found bullying me into riding Space Mountain, pretending that he's going to buy a souvenir but then talking himself out of it (he's the frugal one in our relationship), and downing energy drinks and coffee to keep up with me.

What:
A Disney Trip of course! Including a night at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which I've been to for two years in a row and I want to make it a third year! I went in 2013 with my parents as an early birthday gift to me and last year with Nick!
IMG_3184_zpslbih9le6.jpg

Me in 2013 with Princess Daisy and Pumpkin Donald
IMG_1988_zpsqjh8mbpp.jpg

Me and Nick in 2014 with the Seven Dwarves!

Another event planned for us is the Food and Wine Festival!
IMG_2024_zps6xyfuug7.jpg

Food and Wine Festival 2014!!

Last year, neither of us were 21 for this fun event. I was 21 for our Flower and Garden trip as I had my birthday in November shortly after our October 2014 trip, but Nick doesn't turn 21 til this July! So he was very jealous of all my alcohol tastings at Epcot and this year, it's his turn! All the food and alcohol we can responsibly enjoy because honestly nothing sounds less fun than getting too plastered to handle yourself at Disney World.

When:
We have decided on one of periods for this trip: Either October 15-19 or October 22-26! As stated above, I wanted a time period where I could go to MNSSHP AND Food and Wine Festival, while not being too ridiculously crowded. Nick isn't a fan of crowds and while September would be ideal for that in particular, it's too early in the semester for me to skip a day of classes. I'm much more comfortable doing so in the middle of the semester when I have a handle on all of my classes.
IMG_2109_zps7i5cdo2h.jpg

Gratuitous shot of us in front of Magic Kingdom!

Where:
Hopefully we are looking at a stay in Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs. I have a summer job that I'm hoping will help me save up enough in time and Nick is currently studying abroad in Austria, but will hopefully get a job when he gets back so he can help out too. If we don't get enough money saved in time, we will be looking at Pop! or one of the All-Star Resorts. One day, we will stay at the Grand Floridian like I've always dreamed. :dogdance:

Why:
This will be our last year in college before Nick jets off to law school in New York and he won't be in Florida anymore, which means less reasons to visit for me! I will still visit to see my sorority sisters in the future, but I think I won't be having any more Disney trips for a good long while. And I wanted to stay onsite forever! Usually we stay in Nick's dorm in Tampa and make the drive EVERY DAY to save money. The cost for driving there and back five times averaged to about $100, which was much cheaper than any other option. But driving I-4 at night is extremely dangerous and we decided it's in our best interests to stay onsite. Another reason, as stated above, is that Nick is 21. He didn't get to partake in any of the alcohol I was able to drink in our last trip in March and he had to put him with me being tipsy. So now, it's his turn. Or I guess, our turn since we are staying onsite and don't have to drive back every night!
IMG_0295_zpstcjqmvjp.jpg

Dreams do come true :-)

So I hope y'all will join along with me for this Pre-Trip Report and I hope to update it at least weekly. Y'all have a magical day!

Last edited:
So finally about a month later, we've made a little progress in our plans. Between me and Nick, we've decided on a few different restaurants that we would like to try.

Here's the list:

'Ohana- We ate at Kona Cafe and adored the pork stickers and bread. I didn't get the chance to try a Lapu Lapu either because we were going to Magic Kingdom afterwards and I really didn't want to be drunk for our last night at my favorite park. So we figured an all you care to eat sit down meal with these items would be fantastic! We are still working on obtaining this ADR though.

Hollywood Brown Derby- On our last Hollywood Studios day we ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Fantastic food, but I really want to try as many places in Disney World as possible. I've heard amazing things! And I really want to try the Noodle Bowl for myself. We've already got this set up for our Hollywood Studios day!

The Plaza- This was actually the first TS dinner Nick and I ever ate at, and the Reuben sandwich was soooooo amazing that besides Be Our Guest, it's the only place we are considering repeat eating at. I haven't decided when we are eating here, since we have two Magic Kingdom days, but the reservations almost never run out here.

The Crystal Palace (breakfast)- I really enjoyed the character breakfast that I ate at Tusker House back in October 2014 and I kinda have a dream of eating breakfast in CP with all that glass and windows with the sun streaming in :love:. I even have the reservation set up for my Epcot morning.

Boma- This is Nick's absolute MUST DO. He's obsessed with Zebra Domes, like obsessed in all capital letters. I've been promising that we would eat here for two trips now but both agreed the price wasn't worth it in the past, but I really want to surprise him with this. SO I decided to book it for our Animal Kingdom evening and I won't be telling him.

Be Our Guest- The ultimate Disney dining experience for me. I've been once for lunch, twice for dinner, and I really feel the Disney magic every time I step foot in there. I'm truly in love with this location and although we haven't obtained reservations for either of our MK days, I won't be deterred! I need a glass of champagne with the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake!

Another big development is we have chosen our dates and hotel! Drum roll please....
20230406095_9847d67a13.jpg

Coronado Springs Hotel from the 15th til the 19th!

I'm really excited since there have been a lot of DISers raving about this hotel on the Hotel boards recently and I wanted to stay in a Moderate that still had some Deluxe amenities which made Coronado Springs perfect!

Hopefully in my next (faster) update, I'll have my days planned out totally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter