Are we making too much out of the reservation system?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
We had 3 date specific tickets that have now turned into, essentially, anytime tickets thru 9/2021.

I imagine there are tons of people in a similar situation. With that in mind, doesn't it make sense that Disney needs a better way to predict crowds. Maybe instead of jumping to the conclusion that reservations are going to be super limited, maybe we should assume they are just trying to get a heads up on crowd flows.

Sure, they used to have anytime tickets and they managed crowds ok. But, they have never been closed for 4 months, have unprecedented travel restrictions, etc.

I hope it turns out that everyone gets all the park reservations they want and Disney is really just using this as a planning tool.

Well I guess we will find out on Monday. We cancelled our trip for July 11-18. I understand the very modified schedule and all the cancelations like my ADrs and fast passes. But only having MK and AK open for my first 4 days added in a level of major stress as this was a Star Wars heavy trip. With the 6 of us the price was just not worth the experience at this time. Hopefully see you next year Disney.

My DS is absolutely LIVID right now! He is a DVC owner, with original check-in plans for May 7, which has since been pushed back 5 times already. His new check-in date is later in the month of July. He just found out this morning that my other DS [who is a CM] has been blacked-out. Originally he was going to maingate them to get into the parks. However, since he is blacked-out, my DS has to spend upwards of close to $800 - an expenditure that he wasn't anticipating. It's not that he has to pay for park passes - one of the perks of being a CM is being able to get immediate family members into parks during their stay. Had he known sooner, he could have advised my DS so that he could have made arrangements to make that hefty purchase. So, now he's been left out hanging to dry and there are no availabilities at any parks during his stay. SO NOT COOL, WDW.....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!