Are we missing something?

DisneyObsessed

<font color=green>Walking is not an option<br><fon
We have been to WDW the last three years in a row. Myself 43, dh40, ds 14 and dd 11. We have never done FantasyLand. We've always walked right past saying it looked "too young" for our family. Are we missing out on something we would really enjoy or is it for families with younger children? I hear so much about Dumbo and we've never experienced it. Should we?

OH YES YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!

:eek:

There is Winnie the pooh ride and it is just darling! You can bounce like Tigger!:p

There is Peter Pan's Flight, Scary Adventures of Snow White and the beautiful carousel!! Teacups, Small World (which we DONT DO ...cant stand the song) LOL

My hubby is 34 and he just loves most of the rides!! And so do I! Although we have never done Dumbo. :(

We dont have kids and we go to FL all the time to hang out, eat, ride our rides, look in the shops, GREAT SHOPS too. :)

Of course, people have different tastes.
But if you have never experienced it, you must at least once to see if you do like it. After all, IT IS DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You turn into a kid when you step into the turnstiles! Nothing is TOO YOUNG for you in WDW!!!!!!!!!!!:)
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

(some would say Im a tad bit excited) LOL

I have 3 kids: DD 20, DS 18 and DD 16........we never miss Fantasyland!! Peter Pan, Snow White ( I won't do Winnie the Pooh, since we were all Mr. Toad's Wild Ride fans) Dumbo is great late at night after all the little ones have gone. The Mad Tea Party is great before you eat! And don't forget Cinderella's Carousel, where all the horses go up and down.
Fantasyland is pure Disney magic!

Are you missing something....YEAH.....

FANTASYLAND!!!!!

I don't go for my kids they go for me...

I just love the fantasyland rides....Pete Pan is one of my favs...
Small World...I love the song, Dumbo (if the line isn't too long)
Belle's Storytime, teacups..if I can get someone to ride with me...Winnie the Pooh is fun too...

I just love pretending I'm a kid again...

I would recogmend giving Fantasyland a try. I would recogmend the Mad Tea Party which when the cups are spun fast enough can get you more dizzy than Big Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan's Flight, one of the most charming rides in the park complete with a nighttime flyover of a miniature London. The rest, unless you are big Disney fans or grew up with Disney, can cause eye rolls from adults and teenagers. You never know, though, so you might want to give more a try.

Oh definetly give Fantasyland a try!!!!!!! I love all the rides here. They are very enchanting. Of course I am immediately transported back to childhood upon entering Fantasyland, but I think even adults for the first time will like to sample what it has to offer. Just give it a try!

You probably won't find any favorite rides there, but it's probably worth trying Pooh and Pan once, as long as there isn't too much of a line. If you wait an hour, you won't feel it's worth it. Small World is also worth a once-through. Just be glad you don't have a little one who will demand that you do each of these over and over and over and...

;)

Oh......I would hate to miss Peter Pan !! That one is delightful!
I enjoy looking at the carousel, but have never actually been on it. IASW is wonderful for me, but only in the early part of the day. If I hear *that* song too late at night, It's on my mind as I try to go to sleep. The new Pooh ride is worth a look/see, but only if the line is short.

P.S. I'm 49 years old, with no children at all.

I always felt that I would someday move to the Orlando area and start my own business called, "Kids R Us".

The idea would be to have an available selection of kids to accompany adults with no children on the rides in Fantasyland so they (the adults) wouldn't feel odd. I was fortunite enough to go when my kids were young so I got to go on everything and didn't feel the least bit self-conscious about it. Now that I am older, I still go on "selected" rides in Fantasyland just because I like them. Small World, Pooh, Peter Pan come to mind immediately. In other words, you really are missing something that is pure Disney and the original concept.
:bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc

Peter Pan and It's a small world are my favorite rides. Snow white is a little young but for the experience I would. Pooh is an experience ride also. I don't know if they will have the mickey show or ride? when you go I am not sure when it will open. It replaced the Lion King show which was pretty good. Toontown is near there and tomorrowland is just down from it. So you can get to everything very easy. The Cosmic Cafe is near there which is a nice place to eat lunch. Hope this helps

Dan-tot

Are you missing out??? And how!!! If you enjoy some of those old classics like Snow White or Peter Pan, you owe it to yourself to try the ride. It's a Small World has such a great sense of Disney nostaligia looking back to the 64-66 World's Fair - even for those of us who weren't even born yet! ;)

Now as for that Dumbo ride . . . I dismissed it for years as being a kiddie ride (even though deep down inside I really did want to ride it). I had this fear of getting up to the entrance and being told that I was too tall to ride. My wife finally talked me into it, and of course I was NOt too tall. Riding Dumbo for the first time with Fantasyland aglow in fairyland lights is one of my favorite Disney memories.

Give Fantasyland a try!

Its a Small World is a classic! And I love Peter Pan... The others are ok, but these are the two I wouldn't miss.

You should give Fantasyland a try. I would suggest you go to Fantasyland as soon as MK opens. The lines get very long as the day goes on.

It is just DH & I right now and Fantasyland is the first thing we do to each trip to WDW! To me Fantasyland IS Disney! We go on every ride right away and usually make it back several more times during the course of our stay.

Before I was married and would go to WDW with parents and brother Fantasyland was always one of our favorite spots too no matter how old we were.

Please make this a MUST DO on your next trip. You won't regret it. I would suggest though that you do this first thing in the morning though. You can usually do the entirety of it in an hour. If you wait until later in the day the lines to these rides can get terribly long.

I'm not the type to guarantee anyone will like anything. After all, there are plenty of folks who don't like WDW at all.

But YES, by all means, I would recommend at least giving Fantasyland a try. Maybe you'll love it, maybe you won't. But you'll never know until you try. We have always loved it, even before our son was born. Peter Pan's Flight is probably one of my five or six favorites in all of WDW.

you are really missing out on fantasyland if you skip it. Dumbo is a must ride, but only if there is a short line. its really bad mid day, i remember this from my childhood trip. come back at night. its a small world: okay , you can do this one if you want, but just to let you know, i had nightmares and the song stuck in my family's head for months. seriously.

bring back mr. toads wild ride , you crazy disney imagineers! jk, they're great, but mr. toad rockeD!

I ride all of the rides in Fantasyland without any kids - even Dumbo and the caroussel. Peter Pan is one of my top 5 rides out of all 4 parks. There is no other ride like it. I actually feel like I am flying.

HOW can you just walk past Fantasyland and miss out on the essence of being a kid again? Gosh, just missing out on the Peter Pan ride is sacrilege! We also love seeing the expressions on the kids faces, riding Cinderella's Carousel, Dumbo, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, and Small World. We have also seen some characters there we haven't seen elsewhere! Do yourself and your family a favor, and DON'T walk past it another time. Go for early entry, when you can experience it with little to no waits, if that is part of what keeps you away, but don't deny yourself the trip back to the innocent days of childhood!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter