Are we next? WDW AP prices went up today

mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
Without warning the WDW APs went up significantly. I want to buy DL APs for September, but now I’m worried about an increase. The pass I have for WDW (platinum) went up over $200.

Back to DL. I wanted to try Flex with Deluxe upgrade as a back up plan if I could not get reservations to work for me. If there’s a big increase on the horizon, now I’m thinking lock in Deluxe and call it a day. I don’t like uncertainty :(

Without warning the WDW APs went up significantly. I want to buy DL APs for September, but now I’m worried about an increase. The pass I have for WDW (platinum) went up over $200.

Back to DL. I wanted to try Flex with Deluxe upgrade as a back up plan if I could not get reservations to work for me. If there’s a big increase on the horizon, now I’m thinking lock in Deluxe and call it a day. I don’t like uncertainty :(
There already was an increase at Disneyland this year, but I suppose it could go up again.

I think the timing happened to work well for them SWGE wise. Disneyland already made changes and I don’t think it’s been long enough for them to see how the new changes (like the FlexPass) are gonna work out. A 25% price hike strikes me as WDW attempting to thin out their AP hoard similar to what they seemed to be trying to do at DL over the last couple years...

The last price increase at WDW was in October 18 and ours was Jan/Feb of this year so our last increase was more recent than WDW's last one.

The last price increase at WDW was in October 18 and ours was Jan/Feb of this year so our last increase was more recent than WDW's last one.
I feel like Disney has gone rogue on their price increases. They used to be somewhat predictable, and get leaked 2-3 days before so people could purchase before the new price went live. That at least softened the blow. This new method is just rude, especially with increases of 20%.

I do hope you are right though.

IMHO this price increase at WDW was about that I expected based on the last DL price increase, bit higher but last year we were debating about getting the dual park pass but with the DL increase it was out of the question.

WDW increased there’s today because they released 2020 packages today. I don’t see Disneyland getting another increase till at least fall since we got our big jump in January. I’m getting double hit premier went up in January and again today. Can’t upgrade to it until July 24.

WDW increased there’s today because they released 2020 packages today. I don’t see Disneyland getting another increase till at least fall since we got our big jump in January. I’m getting double hit premier went up in January and again today. Can’t upgrade to it until July 24.
Agree with this. Also, MiceChat posted a rumor about AP previews for ROTR when it finally opens. I could see an AP price increase coming in sync with an announcement for AP previews for that.

I think DLR will give this FlexPass experiment a bit of time before they decide on another flat across the board increase. It's all about crowd control and they will want to see how effective the FlexPass will be for this purpose.

That was the part I did not like! I planned to renew mine in late January, but the price increase happened before that could happen. So I paid that price and then it jumped again already which worries me of another before I renew next year (renewal date is late March, but I always renew early). Over $2000 with the tax was painful enough - now it is well over $2100. But, it is the pass that works since I go to WDW twice a year (for around 20-22 days total) and then live local to Disneyland. And I love not having to worry about blackout dates!

That was the part I did not like! I planned to renew mine in late January, but the price increase happened before that could happen. So I paid that price and then it jumped again already which worries me of another before I renew next year (renewal date is late March, but I always renew early). Over $2000 with the tax was painful enough - now it is well over $2100. But, it is the pass that works since I go to WDW twice a year (for around 20-22 days total) and then live local to Disneyland. And I love not having to worry about blackout dates!
Same here. It’s still a money saver in the long run if you are a Disneyland local that vacations to wdw more than once a year or goes for over a certain number of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!