Are we Really Leaving Goofy Behind? A May 2010 Pre Trip Report

HockeyMomNH

DIS Veteran
Well, we’re nearly at the 100 day mark before we leave for the World so I guess it is time to jump in and start my first pre trip report.

Now this is not our first trip to Disney, nor our second or even our third. You see we are a family of Disney die-hards, and no other destination will do. Or maybe that’s just me and the rest of my family just goes along with it to make me happy? Nah, that can’t be right.

Who is this family, you are probably wondering. First let me introduce the cast of characters:

Me – Lynn – Lover of all things Disney. My parents started this obsession in me at an early age. We took our first trip to Disney World in 1974 when I was two. Here’s me then.

disney1974-2a.jpg

Here I am now.

lynnpic.jpg

I am sure that you will know more about me than you really wanted to by the time this TR is over.

Dan – Also a lover of Disney, and the “trip planner”. He is one of those OCD trip people who likes to plan out the days, hours and minutes of our trips. That’s great for me because I get to reap the benefits of all that planning without all the work! We have been married for 17 years, and our courtship involved going to see Beauty and the Beast in the theatre 13 times in a row. A match made in heaven, no?

danphone.jpg

Jonny – AKA Goofy. Yes, he is the one that this report is named for. He is almost 17 and a junior in high school. He has decided to stay home for this trip. I’m still working on him though. I mean, how am I supposed to get my annual Christmas card picture if he does not go with us?

Image197.jpg

Riley – AKA Belle. Riley is 10. She is fearless and loves roller coasters of all shapes and sizes. I’m pretty sure she secretly thinks my Disney obsession is a little nuts, but she’d never say so.

DSC00630.jpg

Up next: The itinerary so far.

Chapter 2: The Itinerary so Far

Last spring we were spoiled by the 4/3 deal. We did a week in April at FW Cabins and loved it! So this fall we were patiently waiting for a new deal to come out so that we could plan this spring’s trip. We knew that last year it was early November when the 4/3 was offered to Disney Visa holders. But the date came and went and no new offer.

Then, Dan got an e-mail. The coveted pin code! We decided to wait no longer so we booked a room thinking that if a better deal came out we could switch and at least we had something booked! Yay! 7 nights at CBR. This is the only mod that we have not stayed at. We are fans of POFQ and stay there most of the time.

We are also signed up for the GAD/GAD promo. We’re making blankets for Project Linus in February. I scheduled it so that we could do them over winter break.

So the plan is to fly in on Friday and spend two nights off site. Location to be determined. We are doing 10 day park hoppers so we can visit Epcot the first night and another park on Saturday before we check in to CBR on Sunday.

We are only doing a few sit-down meals this trip. We always eat way too much when we are on vacation.

Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast on Monday. We have never done this so I am really looking forward to it.

Yak and Yeti for lunch on Wednesday. This is another place we have not tried.

Les Chefs de France on Thursday for lunch.

T-Rex – one of Riley’s favorites. No yet scheduled

I also have tickets for La Nouba on Saturday, and the Pirate’s League makeovers scheduled for Riley and me on Tuesday.

Dan is a golfer so he is planning to spend a few days on the courses.

That’s it for now. Up next: The 100 Day Countdown.:yay:

Congrats on starting your first TR! I live in NH, too (assuming that's what your user name means. ;) )

I'm sure I could figure it out with some math, but when is the trip? April break?

Congrats on the code! :goodvibes

I'm in...love reading pre-trip reports; finding out what everyone wants to do :) Sounds like you've got a good plan so far.

Originally posted by cmp1111
Congrats on starting your first TR! I live in NH, too (assuming that's what your user name means. )

I'm sure I could figure it out with some math, but when is the trip? April break?

Congrats on the code!

Thanks. I guess dates would have helped. We are leaving from Portland ME on April 30th and returning on May 9th.

I'm in northern NH. We are actually one of the few school districts in the state that go with the Mass vacation schedule. That's what happens when you live in a tourist town. We are not going during our vacation time though. We did that last year and it was so busy. We have been at the begining of May before and like the light crowds. Also, the flower festival is going then and it is so beautiful!

Originally posted by Disneyfan71
I'm in...love reading pre-trip reports; finding out what everyone wants to do Sounds like you've got a good plan so far.

Welcome! I agree. I love hearing about other's trips.

Thanks. I guess dates would have helped. We are leaving from Portland ME on April 30th and returning on May 9th.

I'm in northern NH. We are actually one of the few school districts in the state that go with the Mass vacation schedule. That's what happens when you live in a tourist town. We are not going during our vacation time though. We did that last year and it was so busy. We have been at the begining of May before and like the light crowds. Also, the flower festival is going then and it is so beautiful!

Welcome! I agree. I love hearing about other's trips.

I think if my wife starts with thirty-one gifts we might can pay for our trip :) We shall see.

Originally posted by Disneyfan71
I think if my wife starts with thirty-one gifts we might can pay for our trip We shall see.

Ooh, that's cryptc. I'll have to go start on your pre trip!

Chapter 3: The 100 Day Countdown

This will be Riley’s first vacation without her big brother. I’m a little worried that it is going to be weird for her, so I have been looking for ways to make this trip special.

The first plan is our 100 day countdown. I made this last weekend so it would be ready to start this week. Every morning we are adding a new mickey head to the chart. My plan is to give her a small trip-related present every ten days until we go.

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

Here’s Riley putting on the second day’s mickey!

IMG_2103_1.jpg

I found some silver pumpkin coach pearl cages for the first present. We did the pick a pearl for the first time on our last trip and she has been talking about it ever since. I think she is going to be really excited about these.

The other good thing about the calendar is that it is giving me some incentive to drop a few pounds so that I can fit into my shorts before we leave. It’s right on the fridge.

We are at 97 days today! :cool1:

Up Next: How to pack the camera?

Your calendar is beautiful!!! There is nothing better than stroking off the days before you leave....:banana:

Thanks! I wrapped the first gift today. Only 5 days to wait until she can open it!

IMG_2136_1.jpg

I also started working on a pre-packing list of things that I don't want to forget. It is sitting by my computer so I can add to it as I am reading the DIS. ;)

The other thing that I am hoping to do this week is get Riley some new shoes so we can start breaking them in.

Joining in! I'm addicted to PTRs. You have a beautiful family! I love your countdown calendar and the idea of a Disney-related gift every 10 days until you leave. I may have to steal it. ;) :rotfl:

Just found your report and am looking forward to reading more. We will be there at the same time! There is a DIS-meet scheduled for May 5th at Epcot if you are interested...it is in the tequila cave in Mexico at noon. Can't wait to read the rest of your plans! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter